AnswerID: 111220 Submitted: Friday, May 13, 2005 at 19:02
Member - Kingsley N (SA)
The Skytrek is great. We did it about six months ago and it is definitely worth the money. We boiled the billy (on our little butane burner) for morning tea at the restored shepherds hut and had a nice cold lunch at the half way point. We did not dilly dally, but still took around seven hours. There was plenty of wildlife to amuse the passengers.
1. Well designed brochure and tour notes
2. Interesting aboriginal rock carvings (take your time to examine them closely)
3. Plenty of opportunity to use low range and climbing and descending skills
4. The view from Mt Caenarvon is spectacular (932M ASL)
5. Skull rock was a real surprise with the late afternoon sun catching it in all its glory
6. The little souvenir shop
was also a surprise. Spent more money there. Also bought firewood because it was a fundraiser for the Hawker
We did the Chase Range Spectacular (CSR) just a few weeks ago. This is on Nilpena Sation near Rawnsely Park. It was good too with plenty of steep and rough terrain. We spent about four hours there. The cost was $30.00.
We will do Skytrek again this winter and probably camp on the station.
Reply 3 of 4