LONG WALK FOR LEUKODYSTROPHY
Follow ExplorOz Member John Olsen via EOTrackMe as he walks Australia diagonally (from Cape York to Cape Leeuwin), before a final short stroll to Perth to raise awareness and funds for Leukodystrophy Australia. John anticipates the Long Walk will take 5-6 months to complete.
John has already completed two crossings; the first, in 2004 (North to South) and the second, in 2008, (West to East and then 1,800 km home to Geelong on foot). John is believed to be the first (certainly solo and without support crew) to complete the diagonal crossing of Australia on foot.
This final Long Walk is also about John setting personal goals, but the primary purpose is to raise funds for Leukodystrophy Australia. John’s partner, Vida, died of the severe condition (that affects both children and adults) early in 2014 and so John is walking in Vida's memory.
Please tweet #wheresjohn in support, and if you see him, share some photos.
Follow John's Progress at www.leuko.org.au/thelongwalk. John's tracking via EOTrackMe is provided by ExplorOz and is embedded into his website.
NEW TO THE EXPLOROZ SHOP
Want exposure for your business on ExplorOz.com
, but not sure where to start? To coincide with the release of our new Advertising Kit
, we have a fantastic special offer that will help you improve your digital advertising results.
Simply book a campaign with us that includes Page Sponsorship/s, Keyword Bundle/s, Newsletter Ad/s and Graphic Ads to get 25% off the total campaign cost.
This is the perfect way to gain insight on which options/placements perform best for your business (ideal when planning for the 2016/2017 period).
You can book an unlimited amount of ads - the only condition is that the booking bundle must include at least one of each ad type, and the maximum ad run is 3 months from the date of booking.
To find out more, please contact us
so that we can make this offer work for you! And be quick as bookings close on the 3rd July 2016.
If you're a family on the road, there are tons of good reasons to use the Blogs
facility on ExplorOz. Before we tell you why, let's explore the purpose you might blogging.
- to keep personal memories about your trip of a lifetime
- for ease of sharing stories & photos about your adventures with family/friends
- because you enjoy the process of documenting and helping others via your experiences
Here's why ExplorOz Blogs are best for you:
- Other blogging options come from dedicated hosting providers so it's up to you to find your audience but on ExplorOz, your blogs are hosted within a dedicated travelling community so you've already got your audience sorted.
- Many people using ExplorOz get involved in communicating with one another through the Forum first as they plan their trip and get to use the various services on the site. This helps build relationships with other similar travellers to share ideas & get valuable information. Once you are a known Member, people are more likely to be interested in following you when you publish your blogs and will likely post comments in your blogs
- ExplorOz Blogs allow you to automatically show an accurate map of your trip (via User Treks) within your blog making it more interesting and informative. Of course you can also include photos and video.
- Blogs can be shared to any social media or you can lock your blog from public view if privacy is more your concern.
To get started with your own blogs, all you need is a Membership Subscription. Join here today
NEW MEMBERSHIP STICKERS
These new Membership stickers are unique to Members only, so get them onto your vehicles simply join or renew to get yours.
Our newsletter is distributed to 43,084 subscribers on a weekly basis.
ExplorOz ® is owned and managed by I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd.