WHO'S TRACKING YOU?
If you're registered for online tracking via EOTrackMe, then the easiest way to help your family/friends find your tracking page is to send them a link to your Member Profile Page. All they need to do is click on the section labelled "My Tracking" to view your tracking map with overnight stops etc.
To find your Member Profile page in one easy step, simply click Profile in the top right corner of the website. Then click "View Profile". That will open your Member Profile Page. You can then copy/paste the web address (url) of the page and send in an email to your family/friends advising them to check your tracking, whist you are away.
1. Don't forget to use the SAVE or CLEAR functions in EOTrackMe to ensure you start/end fresh tracking logs for each trip. In fact, each time you SAVE tracking you will be prompted to create a User Trek - thus you give it a generic name as it will appear published on the site for others to lookup (in User Treks). Your saved tracking logs are easily found by going into your My User Treks.
2. You can also edit track routes once they are saved as User Treks. This means you can fix any logging errors or take out parts that you don't want included.
3. Once you have created a User Trek you can add your photos of Places along the way. Geo-referenced photos will pop-up on your tracking map exactly where the Places are located (ie. pics taken with GPS data, such as from your phone).
4. Embedding a User Trek into a Blog is the ideal way to publish your trip to give others the full lounge-chair experience to enjoy your adventure.
5. We recommend using the Save feature frequently during your big trips to split your tracking into more manageable sections.
6. Here is a Site Help blog with more information about creating user treks - Site Help Blog.
PERMITS MADE SIMPLE
Knowing what areas have access restrictions or require permits can be very challenging and time consuming. We have all the answers here in our Permits & Restrictions section of the ExplorOz Articles.
Our WA Permits page has just been updated, with all the latest facts about accessing WA National Parks, Canning Stock Route, Steep Point, Kalumburu, Surveyor General's Corner, Great Sandy Desert, Gary Highway, Gunbarrel Highway, Balgo, Mulan, Bililuna, , Karlamilyi, Mine Roads & Railways, National Parks and more. We've updated pricing and links in many sections, plus checked facts with the local authorities. The good news is that its now much easier to apply for most permits, with online facilities now the norm. Click here to view the WA Permits article.
Updates to the other State/Territory pages will be made next week.
If you know of any errors or wish to submit further information, please contact us via the Feedback Form found under the site Contact Us menu.
GET AN AMPFIBIAN DEAL
For a limited time, receive $10 off ($20 off for members) and a free Carry Bag (valued at $15) when you purchase an Ampfibian 15A - 10A Adaptor RV02 Max
from the ExplorOz Online Shop.
The Ampfibian connects 15A devices to a standard household power point safely and legally and is a must-have device for caravanners, DIY'ers and tradesmen. Weatherproof rating to IP55 for outdoor use. OFFER VALID TO 9/5/16.
7 GOOD REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER
Our core services to the public are designed for Members-Only, so whilst
you can freely use sections of the website and obtain useful and
valuable content as a registered site Visitor, we have reserved the best for those that purchase a
subscription and become "Members".
Members receive all 7 of the following entitlements:
1. Free tracking via EOTrackMe
2. Discounts off all items 24/7 (up to 10%) in the Shop
3. Free GPS file downloads (all ExplorOz Treks, and all Places)
4. Classified Display ads for free (save $20)
5. Exclusive Member site tools
6. Exclusive Member content
7. Welcome Pack sent via Australia Post mail upon joining/renewing - contains exclusive applicable Member sticker and "Your Guide to Membership" brochure. (Note - we no longer produce Membership Cards)
OFFICE CLOSED FOR 3 DAYS
Our sales & customer service office is currently closed until Tuesday 3rd May (closed Thursday, Friday, Monday). This means that emails managed by Adele, including order feedback, and all incoming phone calls will not be attended to until Tuesday. There are no other interruptions to our service, with warehouse processing online orders as usual and the management team still on board.
Our newsletter is distributed to 43,076 subscribers on a weekly basis.
ExplorOz ® is owned and managed by I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd.