The top 50 tracks each have detailed inset maps showing the route taken, with points of interest featured. You can also easily find the tracks in the complete Hema road atlas for New South Wales at the back of the book.
This handy guide was written and researched by Allan Whiting: a New South Wales-based four-wheel driving enthusiast and experienced travel writer.
So whether you are a first timer or a seasoned four-wheel driver looking for something new to tackle, the New South Wales 4WD Top 50 Atlas & Guide is sure to have plenty of tracks to interest you.
– Detailed inset maps for each 4WD track, and a handy atlas of New South Wales for navigation.
– Information about tackling the top 50 tracks, written by Allan Whiting: an experienced travel writer and 4WD enthusiast.
– Facility information for the nearest supply points and camping areas along the route.
– Tracks colour-coded by vehicle type to make it easy to find the routes that suit your four-wheel drive.
– Easy-to-browse summary for each track, including distance, longest distance without fuel, permits required and contact details.
– Background reading on what to take with you, terrain, environmental issues, station etiquette and National Park fees.