- Display maps in 3D.
- Most maps which can be viewed in OziExplorer can be viewed in 3D (some image types are excluded for licensing reasons).
- Rotate your maps in 3D, view from any direction.
- View waypoints, tracks and points on the 3D map.
- Zoom in and out.
- Apply 3D shading to your map * Apply Fog to the map.
- Load multiple maps in OziExplorer3D.
- Show GPS position on the 3D map.
- Save, copy to the clipboard and print the current 3D map view.
- + much, much more.
A 3D map can be created from any map that can be loaded in OziExplorer provided you have elevation data for the region.
A 3D map is composed of a map image (or image part) and a grid of heights at a spacing specified by the user. The software plots the height grid in 3D and then overlays the map image on the grid (this is called texturing) to produce a 3D map.
OziExplorer creates the grid of heights using the height data you have obtained and writes this to a file. Other required information is also written to the file and the file is then passed to OziExplorer3D which loads the file and the map image (or image section) and displays the 3D map.
When you purchase this product you will only receive a set of codes to unlock the 3D trial version that can be found on the OziExplorer CD. You are then licensed to run both versions.
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP with OpenGL support (this is standard for all except Windows 95).
- A graphics card with OpenGL hardware and driver support is preferred for performance reasons but is not essential
- OziExplorer GPS Mapping Software
- OziExplorer3D Software
- Height Data for the regions of interest
Computer systems with 3D graphics cards with acceleration will obtain better performance. OziExplorer3D uses OPENGL programming which is highly dependent on your graphics card drivers. It is expected some systems will have problems because of this.