Comment: Towing a vehicle 450 kms in the desert

Thanks Megan - your input confirmed my suspicions about sat phones. We do have a wireless broadband stick - Optus 3G Network - and hopefully there will be adequate connection. I will take a laptop to write and download images and being an avid photographer Photoshop will be loaded. Keeping the dust out of both laptop and camera might be tricky - but there's a challenge! I have no doubt that Dane will be kept amused and keen to share his experience - and I hope that he will remember and value this trip as more than an extended school holiday. Listening to Macca on the ABC this morning and someone brought up this very topic - that taking a child out of school for a special journey actually improved their learning and school grades upon their return! Although it is 307 days before we leave I know there is plenty to do in our preparation. I have looked for books on the Canning Stock Route and ordered the one by the Gards - but I would like to know more about the indigenous folklore and history, the flora and fauna and geology. Any reading recommendations would be welcome. We live in a rural town in the Victorian Alps where libraries are limited in scope. Cheers and happy travelling! Kirsten, Russell & Dane
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links