Comment: Wildflowers, Photos … The Blog

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your comment. I had a look at “Things to do” and it really doesn’t do what I was aiming for. I hope to encourage contributors to compile collections of photos and commentary on particular plants or groups of plants and where the traveller may see them. I envisaged something that would provide a bit of detail and substance, without being authoritative.

“Things to do | wildflowers” appears to rely on a keyword (“wildflower”) search of forum threads. Although it brings up a large number of threads, and the word “wildflower” will occur, most aren’t specifically aimed at wildflowers and very few include photos. Also it seems to only pull up forum threads, and not blogs.

“Things to do | photographs” does not seem to be working. It brings up lots of recent posts, none containing the keyword and none with photos!

The “Things to Do” structure might be suitable if there could be a suitable category such as “Wildflower photos”, together with a search facility looking for that expression in posts and blogs. Contributors would need to be educated to include that search term in related posts and blogs. Sounds like yet another job for David (!), though I suggest we let the present process run for a while to see if there’s enough support to justify the effort.

Using a blog to catalogue forum threads by providing links to them is a bit of an experiment, and has its downsides – especially, for it to work, the “ownership” of the collection needs to be very loose yet the “ownership” of a blog is tight. The manual linking may become onerous too but there has been enough positive encouragement to persevere for a while to see how it goes.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links