Darwin- Best <span class="highlight">Caravan</span> park and van storage option

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 28, 2016 at 17:23
ThreadID: 132254 Views:2449 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Will be in Darwin in early August, for the first time, we can set definite times, so booking for 4 nights is an option.
Any suggestions? Have stayed before fairly close in, cant remember the name
Then we go on a trip, and need 12 days storage
Any suggestions? I hear about police stations, a riding club
Appreciate your assistance
Rgrds
Bob F
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Thursday, Apr 28, 2016 at 21:58

Thursday, Apr 28, 2016 at 21:58
The 'riding club' is probably Robbie Robbins Reserve, where they have an area for a limited number of caravan campers. The number of sites is further reduced during events. I doubt they would have room for storage.Robbie Robbins Reserve.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 599285

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Thursday, Apr 28, 2016 at 23:17

Thursday, Apr 28, 2016 at 23:17
Hi Bob

We stayed at the Howard Springs Big4. Not to far out of the city so it is a bit quieter.

I'll be honest, it's not the best Big4 I have ever stayed at, it was a bit on the old side with very few of the gimmicky Big4 attractions (which would have been better for kids).

But the toilets, showers and 2 swimming pools were well serviced, the grounds were clean, it is well shaded and the staff were friendly. I couldn't ask for more.

From memory, they do have a van storage area as well. But it would pay to check.

Cheers

Anthony
AnswerID: 599291

Reply By: tony_j - Friday, Apr 29, 2016 at 06:08

Friday, Apr 29, 2016 at 06:08
I've stayed at Lee Point CP many times, in both camper and a small tent (last there a couple of years back). Only because it is/was very quiet out there.
Over the last 10 or so years the place has gone down hill. Amenities are very old and in desperate need of repair and upgrade, severe lack of washing machines although there is a lot of connection points for them - just no machines. Grounds are not kept very well anymore. The staff were not the friendliest, and it was extremely expensive! No camp kitchen facilities at all although the areas for them are still there. The owner seems to care more about the mining accommodation he has built next door - must be a bigger profit.
Still, it is away from the main roads AND the airport and RAAF flight paths - fighter jets doing touch and goes early in the morning are not pleasant. I am positive they have a van storage area.
AnswerID: 599295

Reply By: Cameron M6 - Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 10:12

Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 10:12
We spent time at freespirit in Darwin - not cheap but good sites, very helpful staff and very good amenities.
There is a pool (mostly used by kids/families) by the bar and restaurant but two others that were not busy at all while we were there last August.
I would expect they store but we didn't need it.
It is out of town a bit, but we were really pleased with it, actually returned when we were getting some electrical stuff sorted on the van.
AnswerID: 599393

Sponsored Links