New free camp MAFFRA Vic

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 21, 2017 at 17:29
ThreadID: 134517 Views:3971 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all , just a heads up. The old Maffra caravan park has been cleared of all the permanent sites and residents and the local council announced free sites for tourists to begin '' early in the new year" . Caravans are using it most nights , so I rang council who said " its not open yet but we know people are using it already , signs will be erected when it is official"
Rules look to be 1 Self contained , 2 max stay 48hrs.
Toilet block is locked but a key will be available to special groups.
Maffra is in a great position to reconnoiter the alps( Licola , Dargo and Walhalla one and a half hours.) Gippsland Lakes and 90 mile beach and Yarram one hour.
In town itself you have the Gippsland Vehicle Collection (2 mins walk) two pubs , two supermarkets, several take aways and an antique shop, all easy walk.
Councils intention is this will not last forever , maybe 2 years , but will be watching to see how it works out.
Finally ..... Yes I do have a vested interest as a proud resident of this beautiful town for almost 69 years.
Thanks MIKE
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: MarkHugh - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2017 at 17:37

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2017 at 17:37
Gee, good news for once! I wish more councils would follow their example. Maffra is a great spot.

Cheers, mark
AnswerID: 609580

Reply By: Member - tommo05 - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2017 at 17:57

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2017 at 17:57
+1 to that Mark, love Maffra, often used to take visitors on a day trip out there when I lived in Melboune, a beautiful drive through Gippsland and a squiz at the vehicle collection at the end. Lunch at the Grand Ridge brewery on the way out too, ah yes good times.

This is great to hear, hope it all goes well Mike and thanks for the heads up

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 609581

Reply By: Notso - Tuesday, Mar 21, 2017 at 18:22

Tuesday, Mar 21, 2017 at 18:22
Great, might be down that way this winter!
AnswerID: 609583

Sponsored Links