A Faulty Tire??

Submitted: Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 06:35
ThreadID: 135395 Views:7839 Replies:13 FollowUps:33
This Thread has been Archived
HI,

A brand new set of 4 then off on a 11,000 km trek to Mt Augustus, 1200 kms from home this happened while doing 90-95 kph.
Showed the service centre guy where I bought them, no nail etc.
He said "you will find this hard to believe but what probably happened was you took a hit somewhere on your travels and weaken the side wall with that impact and that what caused the blow out"

What's the feel here has anybody had a similiar experience?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 06:47

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 06:47
I'd expect a replacement if the others are still in good condition.
What do they think we use offroad tyres for !!??

Their own blurb from the Bridgestone website . . .

The ultimate 4WD all terrain tyre, designed and tested to withstand Australia’s harshest outback conditions.
Its proven superior wear life and better resistance to cutting and chipping make it the number one choice for all terrain adventuring. Dueler is tough enough to bring you back.
AnswerID: 613047

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 19:58

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 19:58
Les, you can't beat that for talking the talk, but more importantly is seeing how they walk the walk! Michael.
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 883461

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 07:52

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 07:52
Good luck trying to get a warranty claim....bit like finding an honest pollie! I have the same tyres but do not use off road. If they are the 697 I find them great on bitumen but poor on dirt. If going off road I swap to another set of rime and tyres. Hopefully they do give you a new tyre...it will retain a customer and wont cost the dealer much at all.
AnswerID: 613049

Reply By: RMD - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 07:54

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 07:54
That is a TYRE, not a TIRE. To Be a tire it has to be a Cooper brand, Yankee talk!

First one I have seen of those "tyres" to do that.
AnswerID: 613050

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 08:20

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 08:20
It looks like it has been underinflated for quite a while to me. But it's hard to tell from pics.

I'd arrange to meet the local Bridgestone rep for an assessment.
AnswerID: 613052

Follow Up By: Crackles - Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 19:15

Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 19:15
Agree Boo, looks like it's been run 1/2 flat, overheated then delaminated.
FollowupID: 883488

Follow Up By: Shaker - Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 08:34

Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 08:34
It couldn't possibly be something like an undetected simple puncture, must be a faulty tyre!
FollowupID: 883493

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 09:54

Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 09:54
Hmm agreed.

The cause could be anything, but if that happened to me, I'd say to myself "Hmm I must have been a dickhead to let a tyre get to that state. It may be a tyre failure but in reality it looks like I've been driving on a flat tyre for too long. Oh well - lesson learned. Anyway I'll give it a go with the manufacturer, they might cough up half the cost."

Posting it on EO would not cross my mind. After all there are about 30 replies speculating from 1000km away with one poor photo and not a lot of information. None really offer anything other than uninformed speculation really. Not that helpful and nothing less than you could really expect.

I'm not having a go at the OP or people responding ( even if it looks like I may be). I just think shit happens and you have to move on without involving the entire internet in minor issues.

FollowupID: 883494

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Thursday, Aug 17, 2017 at 09:25

Thursday, Aug 17, 2017 at 09:25
Get the tyre rep to take the carcass to the 'lab' , even money that the cause was a slow leak causing severe under inflation [ your fault ] and a contributing factor [even money with the bookies again ] your fault for putting that s**t shiny stuff chemical compound on the tires , ,,,looks good !! Helps tire compounds to 'soften' with repeated use.......
FollowupID: 883512

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 16:35

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 16:35
All is possible, and all the above is appreciated.

The more pics someone asked about....
FollowupID: 883574

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 18:03

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 18:03
Sorry Tony, but after looking at the new piccies I might have to change my mind about a tread delamination. Looks more like a side wall failure maybe.....maybe caused by excessive flexing so maybe loss of pressure some way. If not a run of the mill puncture possibly tyre to rim leakage, or even a faulty rim.

MAYBE

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 883575

Reply By: pedro the swift - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 09:53

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 09:53
Bridgestone Dueller hey? I had two of these lose treads a number of years ago at different times without even going off road. Not even excess mileage.
Haven't bought them since.
AnswerID: 613055

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 09:59

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 09:59
Yeah, to me it does look like tread separation rather than a blow-out and if that's the case I'd be pushing the faulty product line and looking for refund or free replacement..
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 883431

Reply By: Ron N - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 12:00

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 12:00
That Bridgy shows all the signs of faulty construction in the tyre carcass.
I'd be pushing hard for a replacement under warranty, and if Bridgestone refuse, I'd get an independent opinion from another tyre expert and start threatening legal action if the independent opinion says the tyre construction is faulty.

I bought 2 new Bridgestones a couple of years ago and fitted them to the front of my Hilux - and I couldn't get them balanced.

There was a front wheel bounce coming in at 95kmh and continuing through to 110kmh - right at a common travel speed range.

I had them balanced about 4 times, and the bounce was still there. I took them in a 5th time, and spent some time with the young bloke watching the balancer.

The RHF tyre and wheel ran true in the sidewall and rim - but the tread was wobbling from side to side!
It was immediately obvious the tread had not been attached straight and true to the rest of the carcass - and the tyre balancing bloke agreed with my opinion.

He could only suggest that I move the faulty tyre to the spare!

He tried about 5 times to get the tyre balanced, and it just wouldn't balance.
He said he got tyres like that occasionally he reckoned you could spend all day trying to chase spot-on balance, and they just won't balance, the balance spot keeps moving.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 613059

Reply By: Member - mechpete - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 12:29

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 12:29
The fact of the matter is you will not balance
an out of round tyre
Mechpete
AnswerID: 613063

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 06:47

Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 06:47
In New Zealand we used to be able to get tires rounded.
They put in a thing like a giant lathe and cut the tread down until the tire is round.
Never seen that done here.
FollowupID: 883491

Reply By: Zippo - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 15:28

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 15:28
No experience like that, but if one can do that (aka faulty construction?) then the others are suspect as well and I wouldn't be wanting to keep them in service by just adding one replacement.
AnswerID: 613068

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 16:15

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 16:15
What I thought in a way Zippo, though I figured if the others were treated similarly, same purchase time, same trip(s), roads etc, and wasn't subject to a special incident like hitting a rock hard etc, then it shows this one tyre was somehow faulty.

It's well worth insisting a Bridgestone rep has a look.

Not a big fan of the D697, I feel they are too soft walled . . . mate had these on his Hilux on a Geo Centre trip May 2015 and he couldn't deflate to less than 14psi or they looked pretty much flat, too bagged and exposed to stakes.
Indeed we fixed a few small staking in his walls that trip, but then also had a couple in mine, much more HD GY Wrangler.
FollowupID: 883451

Follow Up By: Zippo - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 16:47

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 16:47
Les, if they were all the same (fault) then still one of them had to fail first.
FollowupID: 883454

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 16:57

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 16:57
Big failure though, you'd think if one did it and all were bad batch (or whatever), they might all show some signs of starting delaminating . . . but maybe rep can inspect all others too and hopefully give some sort of reassurance.
Without it the OP might be wary of trusting them again.
FollowupID: 883456

Reply By: pop2jocem - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 16:53

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 16:53
Tony, Just my opinion but, going from the pics you have posted, and as others have said, that doesn't look like a blowout to me. More like a de-lamination with the tread separating from the carcass. I had a similar failure of an el cheapo Chinese brand tyre on the van. Plenty of tread, not that old and when I pulled up the carcass was still inflated but the whole tread was lying back on the road. That is after doing some minor damage to the inside of the guard.
Now I have been a fan of Bridgestone tyres all my life but I reckon that one, and maybe a whole batch is faulty.
I'd be getting the Bridgestone man involved for sure.

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 613072

Reply By: Member - Roachie - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 18:40

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 18:40
I can't see where anybody has yet asked two important questions:

1) What pressure/s were you running and on what type of road surface?

2) What sort of load was the vehicle carrying at the time?

Tyres all have speed and load ratings.

For example, if you were doing 90-95kph on stony gravel road like you'd find on theOodnadatta or Birdsville Tracks (as an example only), then you'd want to have reduced your tyre pressures down to around 28psi (assuming your normal road pressures were about 40psi).

However, if/when you drop your pressures to cater for the rocks and/or corrogations etc, you MUST also reduce your speed proportionally. In those circumstances I'd be limiting me speed to around 75kph....

After all, what's the rush???

So, I've made a lot of statements and assumptions above, but I'm just trying to further the conversation........

It could well be that the tyre was manufactured poorly (as others have suggested)....but I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Roachie
Roachie....Don't follow me....I'm lost!

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 613074

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 19:50

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 19:50
Yes, very relevant and glad you brought it up Roachie.
I am very conscious of tyre pressures and was running at 38 psi on bitumen roads.
The weight in the vehicle was similar to what I had when the stock standards shoes where on when I purchased the vehicle and no issues with them.

After changing to the spare I stopped every 2 hrs checked pressure and heat.
I had 1100 kms to go with NO spare just a spare tube and puncture kit.

cheers,
FollowupID: 883459

Reply By: rocco2010 - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 18:57

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 18:57
Hopefully Tony will get back to us with some information on the result of any discussions with Bridgestone on what might have caused this and whether he was able to negotiate some compensation.

As for damning the brand I have used them on some of the roughest outback tracks there are without a problem and would happily buy them again.

Sometimes things just happen.

Cheers

Rocco

AnswerID: 613077

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 19:56

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 19:56
Yes I will keep the Forum informed of the outcome.

Firstly I will go back to the agent where i purchased the stock and also make Bridgestone aware incase it is a faulty batch.

Cheers
FollowupID: 883460

Follow Up By: Member - nick b boab - Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 23:41

Monday, Aug 14, 2017 at 23:41
While not knowing how tony drive , i think there are pleanty of people out there driving far to fast for the conditions
On recent trip to the simpsom between mt dare & Dalhousie on that rocky section had two vehicles pass us in a big hurry !!
I dont think there is much wong with these tyres , pleanty people out there using them .
We have just put a set on our vehicle & returned from a trip on 90% on dirt roads 5000ks .
We also have set of coopers on our landcruiser last year did 12,000 ks trip cape york with no problems another tyre people complain about .
But if you were known to the dealer you might have a lot better chance of getting warranty.
People offen shop around for price & dont get to know there suppliers.
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 883464

Follow Up By: Dean K3 - Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 15:16

Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 15:16
11,000 Km trip to Mt Augustus - begs big Q where did trip start from NZ ?
FollowupID: 883500

Reply By: bellony - Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 01:21

Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 01:21
Looks to me like a tyre that has travelled quite a distance with not much air inside it, which caused heat build up in the sidewall resulting in the tyre crapping itself. What caused the low pressure is any ones guess, unless the culprit is still in the carcass.
LT tyres usually require quite a lot more pressure than what the vehicle manufacture will have on their spec sheet. If you look on the sidewall they will normally have a max pressure rating, and that it the pressure recommended to carry the max load capacity of the tyre. Work backwards from that to get an idea of what you should run for your load.
If the stated 38 psi is cold then your in the ballpark with no load. Fully loaded and open hwy I would guess you should be looking more around 44 - 46 cold.
Invest in an internal TPMS system, watching the pressure and temp variations is quite eye opening. They are not very expensive and only need to save 1 tyre to pay for themselves.
AnswerID: 613083

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 08:51

Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 08:51
The TPMS tip is a great one, even an external sensor one with quality sensors.
Mine saved me from running low with stakings last trip, and the info you get from them is really useful, from how quickly they cool / heat up, to cold / hot differentials, etc.

I always thought AT (especially LT rated) tyres were stronger in the construction / side walls, and you could run them at lower pressures with less heat / chance of damage than HT or regular passenger tyres.

There are some that really bag too much sideways though, others I've had have really good stiffness.
FollowupID: 883474

Follow Up By: bellony - Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 18:28

Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 18:28
Les, I am no expert by a long shot but I am prepared to search for and read data sheets that help me make an informed decision rather than blindly following what I read on the internet.
LT sidewalls will generally be stronger than P tyres, but the stiffer wall flexing is what creates the heat build up, so it all comes down to a balance of load, pressure & speed. Its up to the user to find the sweet spot for the conditions on the day.
It seem very hard to get specific data from a lot of manufacturers but here are a few links for sites that have some good info, some of it pretty heavy reading:
Toyo
BFG
Bushie

With the info from these sites and a TPMS you will never have another relaxed trip again, be too busy trying to fine tune your pressures.
FollowupID: 883486

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 19:05

Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017 at 19:05
Thnaks for the links, some of the load / pressure chart info was interesting for my tyre sizes.

For sure AT's (esp LT's) are stronger and designed to handle more varying conditions including terrain, load, and yes pressure variations.
MT's are almost always stronger again due to their carcass construction.

The TPMS is a tool, and works great.
I've only just got it for the last Simpson geo centres trip, saved a lot of guessing with minor stakes, like a) there's a problem, b) time to reinflate, c) time to plug.
Last geos trip in 2015 I had to stop often and check this sort of thing, to safeguard one minor staked tyre.

Never had an issue like the OP with my tyres personally, have run very low on beaches at times, down to 6 or so psi.
You just drive to conditions and slow down relatively at lower pressures, reinflate as soon as conditions improve.
Just like you would going gravel to bitumen so you can get to highway speeds safely and without damage.

Have seen others drop everything out of their tyres to get off bad beaches down the SE coast of SA, short distance to get through to an inland track then reinflate to whatever's needed.

Will take a look through some more of those links for any little tidbits I can gather.
FollowupID: 883487

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 07:13

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 07:13
Hi,
When i returned the tyre to the service centre the owner meticulously inspected the tyre with a torch inside and out, No nails or anything to cause air to be lost how the valve could have.
The tyre exploded which tells me it had air in it and it was under pressure.

TPMS definately sounds the way to go so will follow up.

Have spoken with head office in South Oz and they have passed the inquiry to Queensland which covers NSW.

I will keep the forum informed to the progress of how they handle this and their findings
Many thanks.
FollowupID: 883564

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 13:09

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 13:09
Tony,

As someone who has mostly used Bridgestone tyres I would be most interested in the outcome after the head office has finished with whatever examinations they feel necessary.
Obviously I haven't seen the tyre, have no idea what you subjected it to, and finally and most importantly, I am, like you, just an end user.
Having said all that, my "armchair" opinion is that going by your description and photos the tread separated from the carcass because of some possible fault.

Good luck

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 883570

Reply By: Member - TonyL2450 - Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 17:24

Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 17:24
Hi Dean,
Started Coffs Harbour, Warrumbungles NP, Wilcannia, followed the Darling River south, Menindee Lakes, Mungo NP, Mildura, followed the Murray River, Caroona Conservation park SA,Ceduna.Kalgoorlie, Mullewa, Kennedy Ranges, Mt Augustus then back to Coff Harbour 11,084kms
Cheers mate
AnswerID: 613116

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 17:58

Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 17:58
TonyL,

I'm not a mod, but I think just about everyone would agree...

When you reply to something in another Reply, do it as a Follow-up within that person's Reply - like I am following up to your reply, not making a new Reply.

Just click the Follow-up button instead of the Reply button.

When you make a new reply to something further up the chain the context and relevance is lost - or at least can only be found with great difficulty.

Just a hint, mate.

Good luck with your tyre replacement and safe travels
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 883503

Follow Up By: rocco2010 - Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 18:01

Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 at 18:01
Sounds like a great trip. Hope you enjoyed Kennedy Range and Mt Augustus. They some times slip under the radar.

Rocco
FollowupID: 883504

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 16:11

Saturday, Aug 19, 2017 at 16:11
Both are Oz icons and too remote for the mainstream.
In my opinion both out rate Illuru.
For those who might be thinking, "Just Do it" this will help....
Mount Augustus & Kennedy Ranges a couple of pics.
FollowupID: 883573

Follow Up By: Member - Scruffy - Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 14:15

Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 14:15
I agree with you on the area but on the tyres I recently purchased 4 of the same for a 6000km trip. Blew one on a sand track (obviously underlying nasties) running at 22lb and another on a gravel road running 38lb. Both were punctures thru sidewall. Cant say I'm impressed but have not had the conversation with Bridgestone yet.

On the bitumen they were great but as someone else said here that not why we buy offroad tyres.
FollowupID: 883709

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 14:39

Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 14:39
Hey Scruffy,

Firstly are you from WA Bunbury?

Scruffy if you were using Bridgestone Duellers I can give you the email address of the department which is analysing my tyres, I think it would add heaps to my situation and really if THEY have a problem it is only places (Forums) that they can come out.
When I spoke to them I highlighted that Nationally who compiles the problems because like you and people do not report these situations.
If it is a faulty batch or if they are not keeping up with their advertising as a ALL Terrain 4X4 tyre???
Please follow up mate.
FollowupID: 883711

Follow Up By: Member - Scruffy - Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 15:25

Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 15:25
From Mandurah WA.....not far away. I haven't discussed with retail outlet yet and ill give them first crack and keep you informed. Pics attached. I think the Gravel Rd 1 would have ended up like you as I couldn't feel it driving, it was only when I stopped for lunch that I saw it.

FollowupID: 883713

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 16:22

Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 16:22
Hey Scruffy you were definitely heading down the same path to destruction as mine did.
I would guess that that tyre was on the back and interesting that it is again a side wall fracture? IMPACT or CRAP side walls???

Wonder how many out there suffer the same thing and don't report it.

Feel free to show and tell with your retailer with my pics and if you give me the go ahead I would love to show yours when that suits to the department which are accessing mine..

Hey mate sorry to play 20 questions but do you fish the Daley River and are married Jan?
FollowupID: 883714

Follow Up By: Member - Scruffy - Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 16:43

Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 16:43
Gravel was a rear tyre and sand was front. you can show my pics if you need.

wrong bloke....the closest I have been to the Daley River is Daley Waters Pub.

The thing about these tyres is bad luck can happen but then for another person to come up with similar problems then maybe not. My spare tyres were the original GT Radial ATs with 40k on them and they lasted the remainder of the trip.
FollowupID: 883716

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 16:57

Friday, Aug 25, 2017 at 16:57
Thanks Scruffy,

I forwarded my info to the Queensland Office Wednesday and still waiting.

Thanks heaps,
FollowupID: 883718

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 14:52

Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 14:52
Hi Scruffy,

I have received the reply which I will posted below for all to read.One thing I have learnt through this exercise is that when you return to the store where you made the initial purchase ask to have the damaged tyres sent to head office so a proper appraisal can be carried out. A Graduate TFS Engineer examined the photos of my situation.

What they have said......2 emails.

Good Morning Tony,

Thank you for sending the photos through. I spoke to the Coffs store and unfortunately, as it was not submitted at the time of the event, the tyre has been scrapped. From the photos and information provided, it is likely that there was a slow leak of air leading to excessive heat build-up in the tyre causing it to fail.

Picture 4. shows the common signs of run flat damage which is indicative of running under pressure; as I know you kept an eye on your pressures and didn’t go off road, it is likely that some road debris has caused a leak in the final stage of your trip. As manufacturing defects often become apparent in the early stages and given the evidence provided I believe that cause of the failure to be a road hazard. I hope this resolves your query, if you have further questions please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards
Courtney Brown | TFS Engineer NSW/ACT
BRIDGESTONE AUSTRALIA LTD.
148 Silverwater Road, Silverwater NSW 2128
P: 02 8756 4500 | M: 0407 604 978| F: 02 8756 4550
W: www.bridgestone.com.au

Courtney Brown
11:47 AM (2 hours ago)

to me
Hi Tony,

Unfortunately without the tyre it is difficult to determine the exact cause, instead we can only rely on the information provided and our technical knowledge. With the information given the likely cause has been identified as a road hazard causing a slow leak of air leading to failure.

Bridgestone’s manufacturing warranty, guarantees all of our products and customers are invited to submit their tyres to our technical team if they are uncertain of the cause of failure. Our technical team only report on the evidence gathered. If a manufacturing defect is found Bridgestone provides 100% refund and we chase up the causes of that defect with the appropriate manufacturing plant.

As for the other cases I cannot comment as they have not been submitted to us and I do not have all the evidence. However if they wish to submit their tyres we are more than happy to investigate. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee against road hazards for the dueler range of tyres due to their nature of use.

Kind Regards
Courtney Brown | Graduate TFS Engineer NSW/ACT
BRIDGESTONE AUSTRALIA LTD.
148 Silverwater Road, Silverwater NSW 2128
P: 02 8756 4500 | M: 0407 604 978| F: 02 8756 4550
W: www.bridgestone.com.au

FollowupID: 883779

Follow Up By: Member - Scruffy - Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 16:33

Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 16:33
Hi Tony,
I got much of the same from the Bridgestone Technical officer in Perth. If I presented the tyres for appraisal they would be happy to do so but I don't think its worth it. Interesting enough although they are "light truck" tyres that only refers to the load capacity, the are still 2 ply sidewalls. "but they are as thick as the 3 ply tyres" so who knows......
Cheers
Scruff
FollowupID: 883785

Follow Up By: Member - TonyL2450 - Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 17:32

Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 17:32
Hey Scruffy,

What has been highlighted with this whole tyre episode is that it now gives a lot of forum readers an awareness to when they make a tyre purchase and these BRIDGESTONE DUELERS cannot take the hard 4X4 stuff even though you like me didn't put them under any rough conditions.

Now we will see how they pan out over the longer term for wear and tear.

So to all those Forum contributors thanks for your imput.

Regards,
FollowupID: 883788

Sponsored Links