Caravan parking

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 21, 2018 at 18:15
ThreadID: 136136 Views:2648 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all I have a swan outback that I park on the front lawn but it is on an incline I use the swans leveling struts to keep it stable and reasonably straight but is this good long term should I buy some leveling ramps ? If so which type are the best ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mountainman - Sunday, Jan 21, 2018 at 19:58

Sunday, Jan 21, 2018 at 19:58
Honestly..
In an ideal world the caravan should be put under a carport or stored in a shed.
But i guess you dont have that luxury.
Soo buy the best caravan storage tarp you can buy.
As leaving it out in the sun requires regular roof maintenance to keep the van water tight / roof wise.

As for leaving it on a incline
Just buy some plastic wedge wheel chocks.
The mines use these and for the cheap cost its a great added protection of stopping the van rolling away.
This is for parking long term...
Can also be used for quick overnight stays to get van on level too when hooked up to vehicle.
AnswerID: 616277

Follow Up By: AlanTH - Monday, Jan 22, 2018 at 09:54

Monday, Jan 22, 2018 at 09:54
Yes just a pair of the levelling ramps then wheel chocks to stop any movement. We have a sloping driveway and the van sits nearly level using these which is good for running the fridge and water top ups before leaving on a trip.
Cover any wheel/tyre which gets a lot of sun, grease where necessary andcheck pressures and gas before you go and you're off.
Enjoy.
AlanTH.
FollowupID: 887618

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Monday, Jan 22, 2018 at 09:51

Monday, Jan 22, 2018 at 09:51
Hi Johnnykluger, caravan stabilsing legs are designed for just that, stabilsing the van to prevent it from rocking when you are moving around inside. They are definitely not designed to lift and support the weight of the van. Buy yourself some levelling ramps. You can find them on line for less than $100, but don't just buy the cheapest, they are likely to fail fairly quickly. Fiamma are a good brand, or Explore. I have the Explore ones for my 2.5 T Off Road Van.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 616286

Sponsored Links