Adels Grove

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:08
ThreadID: 136543 Views:3030 Replies:6 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
We are visiting Adels Grove in June and am trying to decide which area to book - Top Campground or The Grove.
Suggestions please [we have an Ultimate camper]. Thank you.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Lloyd M - Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:40

Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:40
Depends on how long your staying there and how much power you use, as solar panels won't work in the grove (no sun).

Lloyd Mac

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 618283

Reply By: Member - garytee - Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:44

Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:44
We are staying 4 nights so batteries will last that long. What are the 'generator rules'? Are they enforced?

Gary
AnswerID: 618284

Follow Up By: CSeaJay - Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 09:48

Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 09:48
"Are they enforced"?
Are you implying that if there are rules but not enforced you would run your generator even if against the rules?
What about your fellow campers camping there in good faith that they will not have a noisy neighbour breaking the rules?
FollowupID: 890237

Follow Up By: Member - garytee - Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 09:53

Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 09:53
I am implying - no saying - that if the generator 'rules' are not enforced - we would not stay there and stay somewhere where our right to silence and solitude is more likely.
I know people are entitled - in some cases - to use generators but equally we are entitled to 'peace and quiet'.
FollowupID: 890239

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:51

Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:51
Hi Gary

Yes the "Generator" Rules are enforced and from memory you can only run a generator between 8am to 8pm.

Seeing that the Top Campground is quite large and well spaced out, you would most likely not hear one running if someone actually had one running.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 890241

Reply By: Member - Bongo (NT) - Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:56

Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 10:56
Hi! Pets and generators are not allowed in the Grove. Limited sunlight in the Grove. Generators and pets are allowed in the top camp ground. And your panels will work! ?? A wonderful place to visit. Cheers!
AnswerID: 618285

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 11:01

Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 11:01
Hi Gary

First of all, I hope you are going to give yourself ample time to explore the area, as there is so much to see and do and you will love the places, it is just unreal and you will see why people go back year after year. Temperatures in June should be in the low to mid 30's during the day and down to around 18 at night, making it perfect sleeping weather.

Seeing that you have not been there before, I will give you my honest thoughts on what I feel is the best place to camp at Adels Grove, and like you we are also Ultimate owners.

If you are after a real Jungle feel, neighbours can be very close and extremely limited sun for solar charging and no camp fires,then you might like to stay down in the Grove.

There are no set sites down in the Grove and it is first in best dressed.

The Top Campground is where we stay for a number of great reasons, the first is you will be in a set numbered site that will be yours for the duration of your stay.

If you have a generator, you can use them in this area, but do not get put off by this, as you are far enough away that you will not hear any noise if anyone is using one and they are very strict on the times that they can be used.

The main reason why we stay there, is the sun and the ability to have a camp fire each nigh, and your Solar will get lots of sun with nice open areas for you to set up your panels.

Enjoy you stay, and trust me, you will plan your next return stay there.

Cheers

Stephen

Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 618286

Follow Up By: rumpig - Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 18:33

Saturday, Apr 14, 2018 at 18:33
They must have changed the rules to no fires at The Grove hey...we could have fires when we stayed there about 6 years ago, had a waterfront site and a nice little fire pit area.
FollowupID: 890224

Follow Up By: CSeaJay - Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 09:51

Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 09:51
You can have a campfire at the Grove.
FollowupID: 890238

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:47

Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 10:47
Hi CSeaJay

Like all thinks, conditions can change, but when we were there they were not permitted there.

Unlike the Top Campground where there are specific and allocated camp sites, in the Grove you can camp anywhere you can find an appropriate place. For that reason, if everyone had a campfire where there were camped, there would be old fire remains everywhere.

Like I said rules can change, so I can not comment as of what is happening there now.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 890240

Follow Up By: CSeaJay - Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 11:00

Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 11:00
I realise rules can change.
To be more specific in my reply,
In the 2016 and the 2017 season the Grove had campfires.
Note of warning though, be prepared and bring in your own firewood, none around and you are not allowed to collect in the NP.
FollowupID: 890242

Follow Up By: Members Pa & Ma. - Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 18:02

Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 18:02
We went there many years ago in Sept.- Oct. Our time for hols from work, it was quite hot so therefore stifling & a musty smell in the grove section.
We opted for the top section where a gentle breeze was cooling. It was really nice.
Judging by Stephen's pictures it has grown.
Do the Rim walk ( perhaps not with little kids & older people ( it is a long walk and a bit rough) give your self plenty of time.
The scenery is spectacular and do the canoe trip probably once again care with little kids) It is fabulous.
Watch for the springs bubbling up in many spots as you paddle along the River.
I never fail to tell people to visit,it goes down as one of our favourits.
Have a good time.
Take care, safe travels, Ma.
FollowupID: 890254

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 22:44

Sunday, Apr 15, 2018 at 22:44
We chose the generator area (top camp), and even then it was partly shaded, but we did have adequate sun for our needs. We were there just after the peak period, and there was about one caravan in each area, so very quiet and private. There were fire places at each site.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 618325

Reply By: GaryT53 - Monday, Apr 16, 2018 at 13:39

Monday, Apr 16, 2018 at 13:39
I am trying to contact Adel's Grove via email but have not had reply for 3 days. Has anyone else contacted them via email?
AnswerID: 618334

Sponsored Links