Vast Satellite TV Services

Submitted: Monday, Mar 25, 2019 at 18:55
ThreadID: 138040 Views:3367 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I have a sat TV system connected to the VAST satellite system, and it works just fine.

My frustration is not being able to get a definitive answer regarding re hitting of the satellite.

I have spoken to VAST twice, with two different answers, I spoke to a rep @ the recent Caravan show, with a somewhat vague response.
If I haven't used the system for lets say one month, why do I have to re hit the satellite to get reception, it is annoying if I am in an area of no internet or mobile phone coverage then I can't access the Mysattv website.

I have been told all I have to do is to set up the system align the dish to the satellite and wait, after a period of time, which varies from a few minutes, to a few hours, to 24 hours the LNB will find the satellite, and everything should work fine, I have tried this and it has never worked yet.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to this?
I don't go camping to watch TV, but it is handy to have on some occasions.

Regards

Barry H
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Monday, Mar 25, 2019 at 19:51

Monday, Mar 25, 2019 at 19:51
It may be a hassle but set up and use your VAST before you leave home, that way if you need a rehit you should have the internet to do so.
On a few occasions I only had to wait a few minutes for VAST to work.
AnswerID: 624624

Follow Up By: Alan S (WA) - Tuesday, Mar 26, 2019 at 00:25

Tuesday, Mar 26, 2019 at 00:25
hi rod

Second that, i have also got a second dish permantly bolted to the back shed and keep the vast box permantly on.
Got the dish cheap second hand.
Then when we go there is no stuffing around

Alan
FollowupID: 898130

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Tuesday, Mar 26, 2019 at 02:58

Tuesday, Mar 26, 2019 at 02:58
x 3. I had another dish installed on our house and use it most night to watch the WA country new on GWN.

If it needs a re-hit it is normally working again within the hours or even minutes.

If going away I will only take the box if we are going to an area where i know I will need it.
FollowupID: 898131

Follow Up By: Aussie1 - Tuesday, Mar 26, 2019 at 09:52

Tuesday, Mar 26, 2019 at 09:52
We also use a spare dish at home. It's the old Foxtel dish on the roof and is permanently connected to the main TV in our home. Whenever the TV is switched on, the vast box is activated. Like Kazza055 posted we also use to watch GWN on occasion. Also handy to watch some over east programs at an earlier time in WA when it suits.
FollowupID: 898133

Reply By: David H66 - Friday, Mar 29, 2019 at 18:47

Friday, Mar 29, 2019 at 18:47
also keep in mind that, unless you have a signal meter specifically designed for VAST, it is possible to not be on the correct satellite.

There are 6 satellites positioned fairly close together between 154E and 159E

If you are travelling long distances east or west, keep in mind that you may have to adjust the skew of the LNB (rotate it a few degrees clockwise/anti-clockwise)
AnswerID: 624697

Sponsored Links