Madigan Line

Hi. We are about to embark on a crossing of the Madigan Line in the Simpson Desert from west to east and would like to know the condition of the track between Camps 20 to 22 in view of the recent flooding of Eyre Ck. We understand the Eyre Ck bypass on the QAA Line is now open but cannot find anything relating to further upstream. Can anyone advise me of the likely track condition from previous experience, or better still, if you have been there recently.
Regards
Alan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 22:28

Monday, Jun 03, 2019 at 22:28
I feel you’ll have trouble, Alan, immediately after Camp 20. There’s a big channel that would have a metre or two of water in it. Perhaps you could find your way down the western side of Eyre Ck, after leaving Camp 19?

Have you been in contact with Don & Judy at Adria Downs? I know they were blocking people from accessing 20-22 prior to the rain & floods. Don’t know what the situation is now that the bypass is open.

Enjoy the desert
Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 625959

Follow Up By: Alan J5 - Tuesday, Jun 04, 2019 at 08:37

Tuesday, Jun 04, 2019 at 08:37
Thanks Bob
I was afraid of that sort of problem. I have been in contact with Judy and arranged their permission to travel that route, but that was before the floods. I have since asked them about the track condition but I am still awaiting their reply. We love the desert and don't want to spoil it for anyone.
Cheers
Alan
FollowupID: 899627

Reply By: Member - reggy 2 (VIC) - Wednesday, Jun 05, 2019 at 11:59

Wednesday, Jun 05, 2019 at 11:59
A few years ago we had to travel down the west side as it was in flood all the way down past Avondale .
maybe if they are watching this site Jeff OR Robin OR Howard might be able to give exact details .
Cheers
AnswerID: 626003

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, Jun 06, 2019 at 10:27

Thursday, Jun 06, 2019 at 10:27
Alan, good morning, just got an email from Judy at Adria Downs, "At the moment the track from Camp 19 (on our boundary) to Camp 22 is impassable due to flooding. There is a message at Camp 16 to say travel no further and take an alternate route". Been trying to visit Kuderee Waterhole since 1988, will have to wait a while longer. LOL
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 626032

Reply By: mechpete - Monday, Jun 10, 2019 at 18:04

Monday, Jun 10, 2019 at 18:04
We just finished Madigan line from Mac Clark
to Hay rvr trk an its a dream rum compared to last yr only problem is flies .they were horrendous from sunrise to sunset even with flynets
Cheers mechpete
AnswerID: 626118

Sponsored Links