Warri Gate to Innamincka & Planet Arrabury Rd to Birdsville Dev Rd.

Submitted: Monday, Sep 02, 2019 at 10:28
ThreadID: 139017 Views:3422 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

Hoping to hear from anyone that has recently travelled this route.
We are leaving on Friday, heading that way & over following few days towards Birdsville arriving after the races.
Have checked history & there is nothing recent. Have also checked SA Road Reports but these don't cover the QLD side & neither does the QLD Site.
Been this way on a number of occasions before, but not for a few years now, so know what to expect normally.
Just interested in current road conditions please.

Thanks
Paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David I1 - Monday, Sep 02, 2019 at 12:49

Monday, Sep 02, 2019 at 12:49
We did the Following Burke and Wills trek in July this year. We went through Wompah gate and had to turn back as the road was "closed". Locals said the road has been closed for years due to constant flood and wash outs. Then went via Warri Gate. This road whilst dirt in places is quite smooth and even with a caravan attached I was able to sit on 60-80kph. The final 30kms into Innaminka are severely corrugated and I had to slow right down. Dont know about Planet Arrabury Rd and I guess all you can do is call in at the General store in Tibooburra and ask. Also note the fuel is 4cpl cheaper at the store (opposite the family pub) than at the Petrol station. Also dont get hoodwinked into the happy hour at the other pub. The beer is actually dearer!.
AnswerID: 627527

Follow Up By: pmk03 - Monday, Sep 02, 2019 at 13:07

Monday, Sep 02, 2019 at 13:07
Thanks for the info David
Yeah, I think Wompah is still closed but we are going via Warri so thanks for the news on that.
We'll be towing a van also, as I said been that way a few times over the years but will be the first time with a van in tow
Cheers
Paul
FollowupID: 901561

Reply By: Member - Noah273 - Monday, Sep 09, 2019 at 15:27

Monday, Sep 09, 2019 at 15:27
Hi Paul,
We were in Birdsville the other week and went from there to Innamincka via the Cardillo Downs Rd. It was a little corrugated on the Queensland side but better once we crossed to South Australia. The Birdsville Development Rd was fine.
We travel in a 200 series Ute with a Trayon slide on camper.

Cheers
Bryan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 627643

Sponsored Links