Corner country

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 22, 2020 at 08:21
ThreadID: 139824 Views:9884 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I want to travel to Cameron Corner from Birdsville any suggestions on which way to go cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 22, 2020 at 08:53

Sunday, Mar 22, 2020 at 08:53
October last year with my grandson I did Tibooburra-CC-Innaminka- Walkers Crossing-Birdsville. A great drive. A bit hot, but was tied to school holidays. Also, the last 30km (first for you) of the Walkers Crossing track was rough as, but take it easy and you'll be ok.

EDIT: If you're towing the trailer should be no wider than the tug. Ie, no wide c/ts or pop tops or vans. There is a long stretch where the track is in a deep, narrow trench, sides about 750mm high. In that stretch, opposite direction traffic will present a problem, with or without a trailer on either vehicle.

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 630636

Reply By: rumpig - Sunday, Mar 22, 2020 at 09:04

Sunday, Mar 22, 2020 at 09:04
Depends on what you want to see and what you are driving / if towing something bigger then a camper trailer etc...,,...in another thread you say you want to go to Poepple Corner, so you can head to Innamicka and could go toCameron Corner via Haddon Corner also, or via Cordillo Downs or Walkers Crossing (if open). All above are good options if you’ve not been out there before, personally I really enjoyed our drive via Walkers Crossing route, though thought Cordillo Downs route was an ok drive also.....via Haddon Corner was IMO the less scenic option, but is a bucket list location for some to tick off. Plenty of stuff to see around Innamincka, then head onto CC from there. You might be interested in this LINK
AnswerID: 630637

Reply By: Craig S20 - Sunday, Mar 22, 2020 at 12:50

Sunday, Mar 22, 2020 at 12:50
Thank you cheers
AnswerID: 630646

Reply By: Member - Wildmax - Tuesday, Mar 24, 2020 at 22:22

Tuesday, Mar 24, 2020 at 22:22
Suggest you have a look at the trek notes on this site for good detailed information to assist in planning for the various trips you are interested in doing, and have been asking about on this forum.
However note the announcement today by the Diamantina Shire Council that all visitor travel to Birdsville and Bedourie is banned for 2020 because of COVID-19
Wildmax
2018 Hilux and Black Wolf 210 tent - for the outback tracks less travelled
Formerly an AOR Eclipse and a TVan

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 630702

Sponsored Links