When our state borders reopen again!

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 08:07
ThreadID: 139927 Views:10879 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I think the Hwys will be choked with Vans and motor homes!

Wont be a bad thing, just hope there will be some sort of regulating with new builds, in this toxic industry.

Cheers Axle
Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: AlanTH - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 08:50

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 08:50
Couldn’t agree more Axle, the regulations are there just no back-up from all the bureaucrats or courts employed by us to enforce them.
One consumer affairs “officer” in WA told me he was hesitant to approach Mr. ### with my complaint as he was an “icon of the industry “!
My response was none too polite but we eventually got our van fixed but buyers should not have to go through courts etc. to get bad workmanship fixed.
Never ever accept the usual response from the dealer that “You’ve abused it”, keep at them every way you can.
Good luck and happy travelling to all.
AlanTH.
AnswerID: 631147

Reply By: RMD - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 10:03

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 10:03
Axle,
The Virus which has infected caravan manufacturers is far worse than Covid-19. Nearly all have it and although it doesn't cause death in caravan manufacturers, it causes a degree of working paralysis where correctness is unheard of. The legacy of their expertise is felt by many.
I am currently replacing the whole rear frame and internal rear ply on a Compass '98 van. The Pittsburg lap of the rear sheets allows water to capillary into the van and "talk" to ply and timber frame. I have seen a large number of staples which go through ply into nothing. Corner mouldings which are screwed to ply instead of facing down and screwing into the actual framing. Fridge wire feed from vehicle runs up RHS, across the rear and then forward to the fridge. You couldn't get longer if you tried, "A" frame to fridge, via LHS would be less than half the distance. Talk about voltage drop! Any Nong with only half a brain wouldn't do that, and 240V wiring not screwed tightly into bases, etc etc. Yes, sadly the infection is almost complete through the industry. Pages containing the words, pride, integrity, quality are the missing pages from most caravan manufacturers dictionaries. Not so much now but the caravan industry has thrived on a staple diet.
AnswerID: 631148

Follow Up By: axle - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 14:57

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 14:57
LOL RMD, And I thought the Windsor Windcheater i owned was the only one that could possibly be infected as bad as that, just goes to show!

Cheers.
FollowupID: 907131

Reply By: Mick O - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 16:23

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020 at 16:23
Interesting that Gerry Ryan at Jayco sees opportunity.

Jayco rolls on

Ironic that while he says that he has upped the local sourcing or parts etc, he laments the 7-9% increase in price but assures everyone that he'll get them to see it his way eventually!

Let's hope the quality assurance processes improve with a reduction in production volume.

Cheers
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 631149

Follow Up By: Member - Bigfish - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 08:06

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 08:06
Junko by name...Junko by nature..
FollowupID: 907138

Reply By: Gbc.. - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 08:08

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 08:08
As an essential worker I am loving all the free flowing traffic we have at present. Not looking forward to the day the wobble boxes are released again.
AnswerID: 631156

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 20:53

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 20:53
These LAYABOUTS and these SLOWCOACHES are also pretty happy about the lockdowns it seems.
FollowupID: 907152

Reply By: 9900Eagle - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 13:26

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 13:26
Mate is doing a 800 plus k return run with self loading and unloading one way, he is just loving the lack of traffic, his only complaint is he can't have a sit in the restaurants of the truck stops and the last place he wants to sit is in the cab and talk to himself.

I was told by a dealer ( but haven't checked it out), that a new enforceable code was coming that would see some manufacturers leave the industry, because they just won't be able to cut it.

I was really lucky with my van, all weights were exactly what was stated.
AnswerID: 631158

Follow Up By: 9900Eagle - Thursday, Apr 23, 2020 at 15:39

Thursday, Apr 23, 2020 at 15:39
Have to change this after I said to my mate what's this again about truck stop restrictions after he said this.
(his only complaint is he can't have a sit in the restaurants of the truck stops and the last place he wants to sit is in the cab and talk to himself).

I rang him and said I am sure the stops are open and his reply was. Well err, stutter, stutter. I was stopping at this little cafe and they closed it due to the virus and lack of business, and I was sorta sweet on the lady there and its not fair.

The sly old bugger
FollowupID: 907154

Reply By: cruiser 3 - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 15:58

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 15:58
I have owned 4 Jayco’s over the years and never had a problem with any of them.
Earlier I had other brands And some weren’t quite as good.
AnswerID: 631159

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 23:00

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020 at 23:00
I have had two Jayco also, both new and both good quality. My first was purchased only a few years after the company started. I believe their factory is very modern these days. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 907153

Sponsored Links