Birdsville

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 10, 2020 at 19:44
ThreadID: 140135 Views:8270 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
with the restrictions being lifted can we now travel to the outback??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Jun 10, 2020 at 20:02

Wednesday, Jun 10, 2020 at 20:02
Hello - depends where you are, where you want to go and what you define as the "outback". At this point in time almost all borders are closed but most states have areas people call the "outback" so you may be able to travel there.

As far as Birdsville goes suspect you have to be in Qld ..as borders are closed at the moment (10/06/2020).

To see where you can and cant go you are better off referring to official websites than asking here e.g...CV Border info etc

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 632081

Reply By: Sigmund - Sunday, Jun 14, 2020 at 02:29

Sunday, Jun 14, 2020 at 02:29
I'm in Vic and will travel to the NSW outback shortly. Relying on caravan parks for overnight stops is chancy as it appears many aren't taking people on powered or unpowered sites and that may or may not be announced upfront on their website.
AnswerID: 632140

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Jun 14, 2020 at 07:36

Sunday, Jun 14, 2020 at 07:36
Craig,

Within a couple of days of the Qld travel restrictions being lifted, we were seeing travellers on the Winton - Boulia Road. Was working with a Roadtek gang who are widening a section of the bitumen to 8M, through the Cawnpore Hills.

Been numerous vans in Winton too, over the past week. One could assume these folk had their vans pre-packed & only had to hook up, put the milk, bread & Western Star butter in the fridge, turn off the iron & lock the house. Half their luck!

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 632142

Sponsored Links