Adele Grove

Submitted: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 22:09
ThreadID: 141785 Views:6434 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Tried to book Adele and found a note that DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES WE ARE NOT TAKING BOOKINGS etc.

Does anybody know WHY?

CHEERS,

TonyL
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Core420 - Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 06:29

Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 06:29
They had a fire in 2019.
AnswerID: 636476

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 07:21

Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 07:21
Do not know for certain, but many “outback” stations and camping stays are having problems with not enough staff. This could possibly be the reason here as well.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636477

Follow Up By: Kenell - Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 07:46

Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 07:46
We also tried to make contact a week or two ago and couldn't even get through. Phone was dead and email wasn't much better. My understanding is that it has changed hands recently and it seems that there are some problems in the new owners getting sorted. Read on a traveller's blog where someone stayed there last week and said the road was ok and they had a great time. Long way to go with no certainty though but I think we'll try it anyhow. Gregory is the fall back if we can't get in.
FollowupID: 914399

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 10:34

Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 10:34
Here is an extract from their website:

"Important Note: Due to recent weather conditions roads into and around Adels Grove have been seriously affected.
We have received numerous reports of hazards, and vehicles becoming stranded and/or damaged.
Any intended visitors should make all necessary inquiries to ensure the safety of yourself and your passengers.
All the same Tours, and more, will be fully operating soon."
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636485

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 11:39

Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 11:39
Tony

There is an old Telstra saying.......let your fingers do the walking.......

Yes their web site says that, they are not answering their phone and it says their message bank is full.

So I just rang the Gregory Hotel and asked the question and he said it was open and go and enjoy yourself, so all systems are go.

Its a fantastic location and make the most of it.

Cheers
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 636486

Reply By: Member Kerry W (Qld) - Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 22:04

Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 22:04
Co-incidentally I bumped into one of the previous managers of Adels Grove ((Steve was his name - apparently managed for a couple of years mid 2000s??) last night in a out of the way camp on the southern slopes of the Snowy Mtns - Not kidding !!!

He did mention that it had been recently sold to traditional owners recently who also had nearby land holdings. No other info forthcoming as we changed the subject. So maybe some teething problems??
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 636492

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Friday, May 21, 2021 at 07:05

Friday, May 21, 2021 at 07:05
Yes , sold to the indigenous company which operates nearby Lawn Hill Station. I spent a couple of weeks working at Adels Grove in 2019 after the fire. It had been a devastating event, but the Grove owners & worker community were pulling together to keep things running in difficult circumstances. They were a good bunch of folk but had a lot of rebuilding ahead of them. I was not hugely surprised when I heard of the sale. Sad as the owners had had many years invested in the place. I am uncertain how much of the rebuilding had been completed at the time of the sale. The current difficulties in getting staff for these sort of outback places can’t be helping.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

FollowupID: 914413

Sponsored Links