Exploroz Traveller Desktop App

Submitted: Friday, May 21, 2021 at 17:26
ThreadID: 141803 Views:6125 Replies:9 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
Could someone tell me what this error message means and how to overcome it?
The browser I'm using is the latest version of Edge, which should be supported.

Error: Developer Tools Were Opened

Please Close Developer Tools And Reload Page

Thanks in advance to all you tech wizards
Michelle suggested I put this on the forum.

Cheers
Mike
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, May 21, 2021 at 17:33

Friday, May 21, 2021 at 17:33
I just recreated that error.

For me, if I closed the tab or browser and started again it cleared the error.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 636498

Reply By: Member - Islandview23 - Friday, May 21, 2021 at 17:47

Friday, May 21, 2021 at 17:47
Thanks Frank,
I've tried closing the browser and restarting, 3 or 4 times. Always the same error.
Mike
AnswerID: 636499

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, May 21, 2021 at 21:13

Friday, May 21, 2021 at 21:13
When you open Edge, do you get this:

If so, click the circled X and try again.

What platform are you using? Edge for Mac, Win10 and Edge, Windows emulator on a Mac with Edge for Windows, etc? That info won't be of much use to me but it might help others help you.

FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914426

Reply By: Member - Islandview23 - Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 07:58

Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 07:58
Hi Frank,

Edge does not open in that format and I've never seen it like that.

I use Win 10 Home version 10.0.19043 Build 19043 together with the latest version of Edge as set out above.

I do hope someone out there can help as I really don't want to use Chrome unless absolutely necessary.

Mike
AnswerID: 636504

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 08:50

Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 08:50
You could try Opera. It has better privacy control than all the regulars including Edge and Chrome and is one of the supported browsers for the web-based Traveller app.

I use it in preference to all the others and it works with the web-based app.

(Win10 PC and a Win10 laptop both fully updated.)
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 914429

Reply By: Member - Islandview23 - Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 18:02

Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 18:02
Thanks Frank, but I don't really want to use Opera, very satisfied with Edge and this desktop app should work in Edge!!!

Happy Travels
Mike
AnswerID: 636525

Reply By: Eric S3 - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2021 at 11:37

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2021 at 11:37
Hi did you get this sorted I am having the same issue?
AnswerID: 637134

Follow Up By: Member - Islandview23 - Tuesday, Jul 13, 2021 at 17:42

Tuesday, Jul 13, 2021 at 17:42
No I haven't been able to solve the issue. NOT HAPPY
Mike
FollowupID: 915126

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2021 at 12:02

Thursday, Jul 15, 2021 at 12:02
Mike and Eric,

I have just tested the web version again on Edge on both my desktop and laptop. It works flawlessly on both so I am at a loss, I'm afraid.

Having said that, I am able to trigger the fault. If I have the web app open with a map displayed and then turn on developer tools, I get the error.

When I turn off developer tools and reload the page, the map loads as it should.

Try this:
- When you get the error click the uppermost three dots at the top right of the Edge screen. Ie the three dots immediately below the X in the blue Edge title bar, NOT the three dots in the Devtools tool bar.
- In the menu that drops down, scroll down if necessary and click More Tools
- In the sub menu that opens, click Developer tools.
- The menus close and nothing seems to happen. Now reload the page by clicking the reload circle next to the page forward and page back arrows.
- The map should load - it does on my systems :-).
- Instead of working through the menu system you can use a keyboard shortcut - CTRL SHIFT I - to turn Devtools off.

When I do this by either method, developer tools are turned off and remain off so that the map loads properly on subsequent occasions.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915150

Reply By: Rodger C - Wednesday, Jul 14, 2021 at 13:23

Wednesday, Jul 14, 2021 at 13:23
Hello all
I to have this issue. I am pretty computer Savy and i cant for the life of me figure this issue out.
I am getting the same Developer Tools were Opened Error as you guys.
This appears in Chrome and Edge it doesn't matter . I have checked all developer tool settings in both browsers and they and not selected. Yes Both Chrome and Edge are the latest Versions
I have also noticed that the app sometimes opens twice if you look in Task Manager.
I managed to End Task in Task manager and Restart the Exploreoz App with Limited success.
I to am running Win10 on a Panasonic Tough Pad FZ-G1.
The Exploreoz has worked flawlessly for me in the past. the Only thing that has changed for me is updating to to 2021 Maps and I no longer subscribe to Tracking as i really have no use for it
i must admit i have spent some 10 or so hrs on this issue now and still cant find a solution. Something has defiantly changed.
Im pretty frustrated with this right now as you can all imagine and very close to hitting the Un-Install Button !

AnswerID: 637144

Follow Up By: Member - Islandview23 - Wednesday, Jul 14, 2021 at 15:44

Wednesday, Jul 14, 2021 at 15:44
Thanks Rodger C,

I really thought I was on my pat malone on this issue and did not know where to go from here.
Not a nice thing to say but I'm glad someone else who is computer savvy has the same issue.
Any comments from Exploroz?

Mike
FollowupID: 915137

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 14, 2021 at 16:53

Wednesday, Jul 14, 2021 at 16:53
Rodger C,

The fault applies only to the web-based version of Traveller that members can access with a browser. No downloaded app is required so there is nothing to uninstall.

Traveller, which (which you seem to call "Exploreoz") is a separate thing altogether. Uninstalling it will have no effect on the problem you are having with the web-based Traveller, and you'll lose the app that you said has been working flawlessly in the past.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915139

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2021 at 12:05

Thursday, Jul 15, 2021 at 12:05
Rodger, see my follow-up to Eric S3's post above. It might help with your web app issues.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915151

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jul 15, 2021 at 13:39

Thursday, Jul 15, 2021 at 13:39
Island View, Eric and Rodger,

I have assumed you're using Windows with Edge. (Edge is available for Mac OS). If you're using a Mac, disregard the following ....

If you cannot stop this error from repeating there is a registry tweak that should turn off Edge's Devtools altogether.

There is a similar tweak to turn them back on. They come from this website.

If you're not a web developer you can probably leave Devtools switched off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING. More of a disclosure than a warning. The following procedures modify the Windows Registry. There is a remote chance you could do something wrong which could cause issues in your computer, but because the changes are simple and automated the risk is extremely small. However you need to be advised. If you are uncertain about this, don't do it!

I have tested these two files on my PC and examined what they do to the Registry. The tweaks are very simple and work fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The file names on the two attached files explain their purpose. They affect only Microsoft Edge. Other browsers that may have similar tools are unaffected. Download and save the two files. Rename each saved file by changing the file extension from .txt to .reg

Then double-click the .reg file you want to use, one to disable Devtools, the other to re-enable them. You will need Administrator priveleges on your PC to do this. As the dialogues come up, just click Run, Yes or OK until the process is complete.

If you do either of these procedures with Edge open, you will have to close and re-open Edge to have it take effect.

The Disable tweak simply greys out the Developer tools option in the menu system and disables its keyboard shortcuts. The Enable tweak just reverses that. Ie, both just modify the User Interface.

I don't know if something deeper in the bowels of Windows can over-ride them. Because I don't have the issue you guys are having I cannot test for that, but I think these are worth a go.

FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637158

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 11:29

Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 11:29
Hey Frank - just responded below - the issue they are having is Vertical Tabs - I could see this in the initial image - going back to horizontal tabs fixes the issue. I am not sure how easy/hard it will be to get around vertical tabs as it offsets the screen width in the same fashion as dev tools.

Thanks for you always valuable help and assistance to the community.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915172

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 12:57

Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 12:57
Thanks David. A bit esoteric for me and above my pay grade, LOL.

FYI, I switched to vertical tabs then tried disabling Devtools with the registry tweak. It didn't stop the error.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915174

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 14:40

Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 14:40
Frank,

Yeah the tabs being on the side will cause the tools tester to trigger by the looks as the total screen width is greater than the html page width. This is one of the checks for the dev tools system. I will have a play with this at some stage however at the moment I am 100% on the Track Log updates and have been for about 7 weeks so far - getting over it and just want it done but still need a fair bit more work yet. Big update.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915180

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 11:26

Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 11:26
The error you are having is related to having the vertical tabs - this makes the system believe the tools panel is open. Please switch back to horizontal tabs and the issue will go away.

David

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637169

Reply By: Eric S3 - Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 18:30

Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 18:30
Hi All my IT guy solved my Developer Tools error for me today. The App wasn't liking the Microsoft virtual keyboard. He downloaded a different virtual keyboard and pinned it to the task bar for use just with the App and it's all good now. May not work for all tablets I am using the getac F110 but it worked for me.
AnswerID: 637178

Follow Up By: Rodger C - Saturday, Jul 17, 2021 at 20:47

Saturday, Jul 17, 2021 at 20:47
This is indeed true Eric.
I have a Panasonic Tough Pad and the very same issue.
Plug in a external wireless Keyboard all be it a Microsoft one and all the problems disappear
I will Contact Panasonic Tech Support next week for a work around.

Cheers for sharing this issue has had me buggered.
FollowupID: 915198

Sponsored Links