Clearview Fridge Slide warranty... a good service story.

Submitted: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 20:15
ThreadID: 141834 Views:5692 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Had the Clearview drop-down fridge slide for just over three years now. Been very happy with it (apart from the weight!), but on a recent trip it jammed when sliding out. A quick check showed a plastic bearing carrier had broken, jamming in the slide. I removed the pieces and it slid okay again- despite one ball bearing now being loose. A little while later it jammed again- another piece had broken off. Same deal, removed the piece and it worked fine. This time it remained okay for the rest of the trip.

I was worried it may start again and, besides, I was very disappointed such an expensive item would fail. Checked the warranty- three years! Not that that matters too much nowadays, with the Consumer Guarantee laws.

I contacted Clearview and they immediately said they'd send a new runner out, but noted they were waiting for stock (like so many other businesses at the moment). It could be a month or so, but they'd let me know.

Two weeks later I received an email stating stock had arrived and my new unit would be sent out soon. Two days later two new slide rails arrived! Easy to install, I'm very happy with the service and now have a spare. Thought I'd share a good service story, rather than the opposite we usually hear about.

Cheers,
Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 9 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 21:33

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 21:33
Fabulous drop down fridge slide but YES you are right - very heavy, 50kg I believe !

Good news on the replacement runner !

Cheers

Gazz
AnswerID: 636561

Reply By: nick g1 - Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 23:15

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 23:15
Good to know. We have one, it cost more than the fridge but great bit of gear.
AnswerID: 636562

Reply By: Bazooka - Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 15:26

Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 15:26
Clearview being sued by MSA for patent infringements.
AnswerID: 636605

Sponsored Links