Daily Waters to Borroloola to Barkley Homestead

Does anyone know if this is all sealed road and ok for caravan?
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: RMD - Friday, Jul 02, 2021 at 18:35

Friday, Jul 02, 2021 at 18:35
Noelene
If you search you will find Daily to Boroloola is sealed as 138,000 litre road trains take fuel to the mine out there and the road down to Barkly is single lane sealed. Haven't been there for white a while so someone will update I presume. Observe road train protocols, they hurt.
AnswerID: 637037

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Saturday, Jul 03, 2021 at 13:05

Saturday, Jul 03, 2021 at 13:05
Road is fine for caravan. Watch out for takers, cattle trucks, wildlife and other motorists. Very boring road in places yet there are some really great scenes along the way. Some patches of repaired road ...just like any road in outback (or anywhere for that matter)...drive to conditions.
AnswerID: 637045

Reply By: Candace S. - Thursday, Jul 08, 2021 at 00:31

Thursday, Jul 08, 2021 at 00:31
I drove those two highways in 2018. There may have been upgrades since.

The Tablelands Highway is sealed. But it was single lane nearly the entire distance between Barkly Homestead and Cape Crawford.

The Carpenteria Highway between Borroloola and the Stuart Highway is also sealed. Two lanes near each end, and maybe at times in between. But there was a lot of single lane bitumen as well.

So, patience was a virtue driving either one. :) Particularly when dealing with road trains when it's best to get completely off the sealed part of the road and wait.

AnswerID: 637077

Sponsored Links