El Questro 2021

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 08, 2021 at 09:21
ThreadID: 142127 Views:6496 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
El Questro Station and Wilderness Park (WA) is either at the beginning or the end of the Gibb River Road Adventure. In our opinion El Questro has it all: challenging 4-wheel driving, amazing hikes, excellent private bush camping, fishing, bird watching and some of the best scenery on the Gibb.
The station is the hub where tours can be arranged, food and hot and cold beverages available. Plenty for kids to do with horse riding tours being very popular.

Cheers
Mike and Kendra
El Questro 2021
Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Pepper - Thursday, Jul 08, 2021 at 19:39

Thursday, Jul 08, 2021 at 19:39
Elquestro...nick name ..el cheque book...cost me about $80 / night a couple of years ago for one night unpowered site when you add up all the costs..

Note if you are a camper you can be moved off a lookout or a swimming location if a group from the homestead accommodation etc arrives ...they have preference to the humble camper... never seen that before that higher paying guests can displace campers at will....
AnswerID: 637095

Follow Up By: Member - OBJ - Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:02

Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:02
Correct. Had a similar experience .. over-rated, over-priced and over booked!!! Never again!
FollowupID: 915065

Follow Up By: Mike & Kendra Cruisn1 - Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 10:38

Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 10:38
This is not our experience about being moved on. We’ve mingled with tour groups and the group leaders have been friendly and respectful as we are paying guests.Our video centres on private camping not caravan station camping . El Questro caters for every budget from what we have seen on our visits.Everyone’s camping experience is different and expectations are also different. The central camping station camping isn’t our thing so it doesn’t feature in the video. We’ve been twice to El Questro and the private bushing camping is worth every cent.
FollowupID: 915067

Follow Up By: Member - Dick L - Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 11:32

Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 11:32
Zebedee Hot Spring only open to the general public 7am to 12pm then after that only for private guests. Some are more equal than others
FollowupID: 915069

Reply By: RMD - Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:45

Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:45
Mike and Kendra
Perhaps provide a run down/list of all costs you had to pay to be there, so some realistic idea can be formed and cost effective decisions can be made by readers. If you arrived and they knew you were promoting the place, then you would be treated differently to humble travellers /campers and therefore have a different perception/slant on the value. I haven't been there, but was advised 15 + years ago it was selective and expensive.
Lots of places are lovely but at a high cost!
AnswerID: 637099

Reply By: birdnerd - Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:56

Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 09:56
Thanks for the video guys. We really enjoyed El Questro, staying on one of the private camp sites. Stay or don’t stay, in the end it’s your choice to pay the money and we are glad we did. Also being able to drive around the station was great, and we certainly didn’t get kicked off or out of anywhere (I thought there was signage to inform you of when the homestead guests were coming through).
AnswerID: 637100

Reply By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 14:51

Friday, Jul 09, 2021 at 14:51
Mike firstly thanks for your video. It is now 4 years since my last visit, that may change this year.
For me and my mate in June 2017 we stayed 3 nights in an unpowered site amongst the throng of other campers, and that was $172 so $57/night. The Chamberlain Gorge tour was $62/p and Explosion Gorge $139/p. I'd previously done both these tours with my wife some years ago and enjoyed them very much. This time around we only did the Explosion Gorge tour which also included the sunset at Bronco's Lookout which came with drinks and nibblies.

They also put on a BBQ night and at $42 per head was pretty good value and the entertainment was good also.

With regards to Zebedee Springs thermal pool being only (officially), allowed in in the morning was no big deal at all. Just make sure you dodge the tour groups.

There is a great deal to see and do and the gorges and swimming holes are free.

If you just want to visit the various sites you can get access passes which I have no idea what they cost as the pass is factored into your accom costs.

So I say don't judge unless you've been there yourself and then make up your own mind.

Cheers

Dunc
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 637103

Sponsored Links