New Traveller Update Coming...!!

Submitted: Friday, Jul 16, 2021 at 13:27
ThreadID: 142184 Views:5507 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We update our app regularly to make it even better for you. This latest update is still at least a couple of weeks away because one item #1 led to a list of 5 (and maybe more) better things that were spin offs from that feature. We thought we'd let you see behind the scenes so here's a simplified summary of what we're currently working on with this update:

1. Direct import offline or online of track files in GPX, KML, TCX to create a Track Log
2. During import you can see the route overlaid on EOTopo map and if the file has multiple segments you can filter which segments to import/ignore, or accept all segments together in the one file.
3. During import you can give your Track Log a name, add description, assign a line colour, set a share status.
4. New Track Log "Show" screen allows you to analyse segments of the route - date, distance, time, avg speed, elevation, slope. This new Show screen is for all Track Logs created from any source including Member's Tracking SAVE to Track Log. ie. can view daily segment details/stats
5. Trim feature now available when using in-app "Create Track Log" option based on date - can now select time/location of start point and end point. Plus option to assign a line colour.

Finished features may expand/vary from this list.

Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 7 Moderator

Reply By: Nick C13 - Saturday, Jul 17, 2021 at 08:24

Saturday, Jul 17, 2021 at 08:24
Looks interesting,

Out of interest do you guys code in native language for each app or use something like xamarin ?
AnswerID: 637181

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Jul 17, 2021 at 09:58

Saturday, Jul 17, 2021 at 09:58
I've often wondered what the engine room looks like.

Looking forward to the update.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637183

Reply By: Trevor&Verna - Monday, Jul 19, 2021 at 14:47

Monday, Jul 19, 2021 at 14:47
I reckon I'll need a driving lesson ...
Trevor&Verna, Kal WA

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637210

Reply By: Glenn L4 - Friday, Jul 23, 2021 at 17:20

Friday, Jul 23, 2021 at 17:20
I see a lot of "imports" there but not any "exports". Are you still locking up our track data?
AnswerID: 637279

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jul 26, 2021 at 18:15

Monday, Jul 26, 2021 at 18:15
Anyone who has been given access to view a "Track Log" is able to add the Track Log to their account and use it in the Traveller app on their device. This makes Track Logs shareable amongst other app users.

If you want to "download/export" the Track Log data in other formats for use in other programs (not Traveller) that is also possible, but you do need to have a Member account.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915311

Reply By: RobMac (QLD_Member) - Wednesday, Jul 28, 2021 at 19:15

Wednesday, Jul 28, 2021 at 19:15
To Share (export) your tracklogs - Do u need to have Cell Service?

Or can u simply Share your tracklog (without Cell service) via Airdrop (for ios - not sure on the Android equivalent).
Cheers..... RobM
Defender PUMA 110 "New School Tourer"
Defender 110 Tdi300 "Old School Tourer for Solo Trips"
DiscoTDi for Work/Play

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 637309

Follow Up By: maurice b - Sunday, Aug 01, 2021 at 17:25

Sunday, Aug 01, 2021 at 17:25
@robmac (QLD_Member) This is an old story . From what i have found ,You can only share files if you have a data connection as the files a stored on there web server . Then to use the share button it directs me to became a payed member in quote below . I assumed the way around it is to unlock the file that you uploaded to your personal files, then you or another person would have to locate it from the ExplorOz data base and download it. I would then have to re lock the file so its not available to others . To cut it short its not possible to share a file if your at a location without a data connection. ."Mapping Data Download
Mapping Data Download is for Members Only.
For more information see our Membership Information and join now."
FollowupID: 915382

Sponsored Links