Walking Tracks different colours

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 18, 2021 at 12:10
ThreadID: 142202 Views:5590 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Can anyone tell me the difference between Brown Dashed and Green Dashed walking tracks as shown in the picture.
Thanks
Dick
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MIKE.G - Sunday, Jul 18, 2021 at 17:21

Sunday, Jul 18, 2021 at 17:21
Hi Dick. Have a look at this site.

Gives trail type, difficulty, time, altitude, bike/shared etc.

Cheers,

Mike

https://www.wikiloc.com/trails/hiking/australia/queensland/pallarenda

AnswerID: 637197

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jul 19, 2021 at 11:13

Monday, Jul 19, 2021 at 11:13
Green = designated bike track
Brown = designated walking track
Grey = designated shared path
Everything red = vehicles
Red with black dashes = ExplorOz Trek - does not indicate type of surface. 191 ExplorOz Treks provided.

*Treks on map: the highlighted red/black dashed Trek line appears on the map to alert you that more info is available for this route so if you want to access that extra info you open your map layers panel and turn on ExplorOz Treks and this makes those Trek lines clickable and the Trek roads will appear as a thicker black/white dashed line that you can click.

When you click on this black/white Trek lines you get a little pop up with the name of the Trek - and the option to press SHOW - when you do this, a whole new screen will appear with a track description containing planning, suitability, where to stay, facilities, permits you need, best time to travel advice, history of the area/route etc.

The pop up also gives the option to press GoTo - if you press GoTo, the navigation panel will open with all the route plan displayed - shows all the waypoints and distance & timings to travel point to point and the total trip. Treks are ready-made offline navigation plans ready to use. There are 191 Treks provided that cover all the popular, well-known routes that 4WD and enthusiast tourers are likely to want to use so this is a convenience and time saver.

*TIP: most of the roads/tracks used in ExplorOz Treks would not normally appear until viewing zoom level 7 or 9 but we choose to display the road/track lines for ExplorOz Treks on zoom level 4 so that the routes we know the majority of our users will be interested will appear at lower zoom levels than the map system would typically show .

More info about Treks on page 18-19 of the User Manual.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637207

Follow Up By: Member - David M (SA) - Tuesday, Jul 20, 2021 at 13:35

Tuesday, Jul 20, 2021 at 13:35
Thanks for clearing that up Michelle. I had always assumed that Brown was for the Mud tracks and Green the Grass.
Dave.
FollowupID: 915232

Sponsored Links