Roma to Lawn Hill NP

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 18, 2021 at 21:58
ThreadID: 142210 Views:4539 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all this is my first contact.
I am leaving Roma (Qld) tomorrow, bound for Lawn Hill NP.

I am unsure of the "easiest" road to travel. Meaning do I drive north from Julia Creek or north from Cloncurry. Not pulling anything and will be in LC 200. Not interested in the most exciting trip.

Thanks Gary
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Sunday, Jul 18, 2021 at 22:32

Sunday, Jul 18, 2021 at 22:32
It’s a good bitumen road from Julia Creek right through to Burke and Wills Roadhouse.

Then bitumen all they way through to Gregory and then a short run through to Adels Grove old Boodjamulla
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637201

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Jul 18, 2021 at 22:50

Sunday, Jul 18, 2021 at 22:50
I’d be inclined to go to Cloncurry, then north to Burke ‘n Wills & across to Gregory.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637202

Reply By: Kenell - Monday, Jul 19, 2021 at 07:39

Monday, Jul 19, 2021 at 07:39
Gary - sorry if I am a bit late responding. You are probably already on the road.
I drove this 2 weeks ago. We were at the Gregory Hotel when my wife became ill and we needed to get to medical help. I was towing and decided to take the Wills Development Rd back to Burke and Wills Roadhouse and then on to Julia Ck. Like all development roads it is predominantly single lane bitumen. The edges are pretty good from B&W to Gregory and you will strike a bit of traffic. From Julia Ck to B&W the edges can be a bit tough on tyres but fortunately traffic is minimal. I can't comment on the alternate route you mentioned but would assume it to be single lane also.

Safe travels.
AnswerID: 637205

Reply By: Member - Gary Maggs - Monday, Jul 19, 2021 at 20:55

Monday, Jul 19, 2021 at 20:55
Thank you for responding and this information

I had thought I was in for a dirt road all the way

On to Longreach tomorrow

Gary
AnswerID: 637214

Sponsored Links