CANCELLED - National Gathering 2021 - Mt Ive Station, Sth Australia

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 10:21
ThreadID: 142331 Views:4809 Replies:8 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I regret to inform the members and visitors, that advice has been obtained, and a decision has been made to CANCEL this years 2021 Gathering at Mt Ive - Sth Aust.
I personally was looking forward to meet up with some old friends, and see some newcomers.
With the Covid situation on the Eastern Seaboard ( N.S.W, Victoria and Queensland), and the restrictions placed on entering S.A. , leaves me with no choice but to cancel for the health and wellbeing of others. Victoria Govt has announced continued rolling lockdowns may occur throughout the rest of this year.

This notification needs to be placed now so people can make other arrangements over the next few weeks.
For those that can still travel within the State of S.A, Mt Ive Station is a great locality with much to see and do.

Those that can no longer attend, could you please ring the Station on 08 8648 1817 and cancel your booking, so staff know what is happening. There were about 51 heads that showed expression of interest.

A notice will also be sent in the membership section for those that have email addresses

Thanks for your patience and understanding -- GarryR
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 5 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 13:27

Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 13:27
That’s very disappointing Garry, but do you think it’s a little early to make the call?

All South Aussies are free to travel anywhere in our state with no restrictions what so ever and if it gets under control in Victoria, you should be able to travel again here by then hopefully.

As for NSW, they are in a completely different kettle of fish and think they will be banned from all states for a very long time to come.

Anyway

Keep Safe in these very trying times for you over there.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637408

Follow Up By: GarryR - Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 14:02

Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 14:02
Hi Stephen, we have a large number of community outbreaks here yesterday, and we have to allow 2 weeks of quarantine possibly and also our trip time. I for one was going to leave early and do a bit of touring in SA prior to the event due to commitment straight after the event.
As stated to me, the number coming in from NSW will be non existant due to their large on going numbers.
Qld may be slightly different as their numbers are not as large but, have also increased.
Some people need certainty as to plan what they need to do, or change to suit work commitments.

As I stated, those that can travel to the venue are more than welcome to continue, as there were a number from SA and a couple from WA. At the moment, these people are not restricted to travel as far as I am aware.

We are really only 4 -5 weeks away from the event should you be travelling some distance.

As stated in the Vic media, the Govt is expecting to pull rolling lockdowns at short notice till they feel that they have this under control. This would also be unfair to the Station owners knowing that ex number of people were expected and not attend. It would also be unfair should a member bring covid into your state unknowingly.
I would also not like to see egg on the members faces should that happen. It would not be a good look to the members, let alone the goodwill of Michelle and David's brand, as this event is organised by members and not sanctioned by Michelle or David, or their company. I do hope you understand the predicament I also face in having to do this.
It is not a nice thing to be in lockdown number 6, and having lost nearly a whole year out of your life being stuck at home, with travel no more than 5k's, I for one are bitterly dissappointed.
On a brighter note, your work and following on the SA Past and Present is a credit to you. I follow it everyday, and enjoy the articles that are placed - especially the Horseshoe Top End posts, and the photograpy that is entered is amazing.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915495

Reply By: Mandrake - Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 15:29

Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 15:29
I will be attempting to go unless borders close.. leaving 22/9 stopping somewhere that night and BIG4 Port Augusta on 23 then across to my Ive...hoping those plans will be ok.just hope there will be a few people there to meet...
Cheers Steve
AnswerID: 637410

Follow Up By: GarryR - Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 15:54

Saturday, Aug 07, 2021 at 15:54
Hi Mandrake, Judy and I shall still attempt to travel but will be leaving earlier due to commitments after the event. The 2 week quarantine and border closure will be the determining factor going into SA.. Some interstaters may still try and do the same, but the option has been left open unofficially

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915496

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Sunday, Aug 08, 2021 at 08:55

Sunday, Aug 08, 2021 at 08:55
Hi Garry, Very disappointing but inevitable I guess in these challenging times.
Thank You for all the effort that You and others have put in to get the event up and running.
Would love to visit Mt Ives in the near future. Hopefully wont be too long when We can feel comfortable crossing borders etc.
Anyhow Thanks and travel safe.
Mike P.
AnswerID: 637417

Follow Up By: GarryR - Sunday, Aug 08, 2021 at 09:07

Sunday, Aug 08, 2021 at 09:07
Hi Micheal, yes I am bitterly disappointed in having to do this a second time. We here in Vic have just had a large community outbreak yesterday, and lockdown extension is inevitable. Even though I live in a regional area and have been lucky to date, recorded cases are now only 40 odd k's from us, and the 5k limit really hurts in a regional area. I am still personally trying to get there should restriction and isolation be lifted.
The other concern would be the attitude of the SA traders knowing you have just crossed the border from a recent Red Zone.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915506

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Aug 09, 2021 at 13:40

Monday, Aug 09, 2021 at 13:40
What a shame. Thanks Garry for all your persistence, patience and communication in trying to get a gathering planned for the convenience of people from all states to come together. I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone, in saying that your time and effort is much appreciated. Hopefully, there will be a time when events like this can be planned again. As per Garry's suggestions, if you're able to visit Mt Ive then please do so. It is a great location but there is no point in Garry persisting to organise a "national" gathering and it would be pointless if he the organiser could not even attend in person.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 637445

Reply By: Robin Miller - Monday, Aug 09, 2021 at 14:12

Monday, Aug 09, 2021 at 14:12
Thanks for your efforts Garry.

We still hope to make it.

This lack of a "right to return home " really stuffs up some of us.

On the bright side our on/off victorian lockdown might allow us to go a few days earlier or later
to at least visit even if it doesn't coincide with the original timing.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 637446

Reply By: Member - pedro1 - Thursday, Aug 12, 2021 at 23:53

Thursday, Aug 12, 2021 at 23:53
Mt Ive has some interesting 4WD tracks as well as access to Lake Gairdner, unfortunately at the present any West Australians wishing to return from SA must self-quarantine at a suitable premises for 14 days.
So National Gathering event joins the Birdsville Races & Mundi Mundi Bash as non events for 2021
AnswerID: 637495

Follow Up By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Friday, Aug 13, 2021 at 09:18

Friday, Aug 13, 2021 at 09:18
Our South Australian Government, like most states has taken the latest Delta variant very serious and yesterday canceled the Royal Adelaide Show for the second year in a row.

Most of the exhibitors have to come from interstate and the way New South Wales Government has lost control of stopping the spread COVID, there is no way Our Government was going to give these people an exemption to cross our borders.

We can only hope things improve in the other states that are doing the right thing and travel restrictions change by October.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915609

Reply By: Gary W3 - Sunday, Aug 15, 2021 at 18:57

Sunday, Aug 15, 2021 at 18:57
Devastated! Vic is back in lockdown and I was so looking forward to a 2 month trip after plotting a detailed itinerary and planning spreadsheet. Will keep it for later anyway, because I will get back to Mt Ive sooner or later!
Thanks for all the work Garry. Let's hope....
AnswerID: 637526

Follow Up By: GarryR - Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 07:37

Monday, Aug 16, 2021 at 07:37
Hi Gary W3, I was in the same boat. We were leaving early for a 4 week trip, all planned within reason time frame. Places to see and go, and now bingo. I feel for a lot of people who have looked at planning, only to fall foul of this damn virus. As soon as restrictions are lifted, and Quarantine is no longer, Judy and I are gone. I need a break away, as overlooking my sil's new house build is taking it's toll - 6 days a week. To his benefit, we have found and averted what could have been costly mistakes.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 915637

Reply By: Mandrake - Thursday, Aug 19, 2021 at 11:27

Thursday, Aug 19, 2021 at 11:27
Well that's it - I'm fairly certain now the SA/VIC border wont open anytime soon so I am out ...
Cheers
Mandrake ( locked up and down )
AnswerID: 637570

Sponsored Links