Traveller app suggestion / fix

When I create a new waypoint/location etc on the app, I like to preface the name with the state name,
EG: SA - Mt Dare. I then copy that into the Description field.

After I save this, I always get this in the name field:- Sa - Mt Dare, and this in the Description :- SA - Mt Dare.

I can only ever get the first Uppercase character to save in uppercase.

This is very annoying. I go back and edit it, but it never makes any difference.

I've attached/uploaded an example. The example is from the web based Traveller app.

Thanks for any help.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Sep 17, 2021 at 19:21

Friday, Sep 17, 2021 at 19:21
G’Day Siringo

So you want to be able to select uppercase at your leisure?

Reckon you will need to send in a suggestion to D&M to change that.

Are you aware that you can group waypoints (apologies if you are) into different groups E:G states, or whatever really. May remove the need to preface them in the way you are. Just a thought.

For suggestions/ Improvement, go to the help desk, then suggest a new feature/ improvement at the bottom of this page.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637964

Follow Up By: Member - Siringo - Friday, Sep 17, 2021 at 19:44

Friday, Sep 17, 2021 at 19:44
Thanks TrevorDavid.

I'm feeling my way around the app, I don't have patience for manuals, I'm happier to click everything and fail, go back and fix and learn that way.

Yeah, I haven't started using groups yet.

I like to preface Names with State IDs, as sometimes you're not always sure when you've crossed a border, just makes it a little easier to know where you are sometimes.
FollowupID: 916145

Follow Up By: Member - Siringo - Friday, Sep 17, 2021 at 19:48

Friday, Sep 17, 2021 at 19:48
Just sent a bug report in.
FollowupID: 916146

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Sep 20, 2021 at 15:38

Monday, Sep 20, 2021 at 15:38
Whilst I have provided the answer personally via Help Desk, I will publish my response here since it is visible in case others are interested to know the outcome.

The system automatically enters the State as a suffix after the Place Name you give it. When you go to your places list using search it will always show the state without you needing to add it to the title. Obviously the state is not shown in the name when you tap it on the map as you can see on the map where it is.

ie. screenshots off my phone just now:-

Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 637980

Sponsored Links