Cooper ST Recall

Submitted: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 12:45
ThreadID: 33979 Views:4068 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, Just signed up as new member. Brilliant site and have spent many hours reading your topics and feedback with much interest. Item of interest; in April edition of Overlander on page 16 is a VOLUNTARY RECALL of some Discoverer ST tyres.
Quote; The Cooper Tyre @ Rubber company in America has issued a voluntary recall for a small number of Discoverer S/T tyres after routine testing identified a possible problem with slow leaks and cracking. The recall affects Cooper Discoverer S/T LT285/75R16 tyres with serial numbers 3DYUC680904 through to 3DYUC680306. Not all tyres within th identification number range are affected. nevertheless, due to the difficulty in identifying the individually affected tyres, Cooper is recalling all tyres in this number range. Australian customers with the affected tyrs will recieve free replacements. John Pfeffer, coopers Australian distributor's spokesman, said ther have been no reported accidents or injuries linked to the recalled tyes. However, "Cooper is recalling all tyres bearing the specifie numbers in the interest of customer safety," he said. "The company's testing procedures indicate that the affected tyres may not have adequate rubber coverage of the belt edge due to low tread gauge in the shoulder slot area of the tyre." "It's important to note that not all Discoverer S/T model tyres that size are affected by the recall- only those within the specified number range. The recall has no impact on all other Cooper tyres." "We have sent letters to Australian customers identified through our records asking them to contact their authorised Cooper tyre dealer to arrange a free inspection. If customers think they may have been affected and have not recieved the letter, they can free-call Cooper on 1800 681 298 for more information," he said. Cooper advises owners that driving at highway speeds should be avoided untill the tyres have been inspected and, if they bear the identification numbers shown above, replaced".

Hope that this may help some of you as I have noticed a fair amount of debate about these tyres and some of the problems some of you have had seem to fit this recall.

Keep the shiny side up!
Been here, been there, goin again!!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - bushfix - Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 14:49

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 14:49
g'day warren and welcome,

yeah this was raised here last week but thanks for your contribution eh.
AnswerID: 173148

Reply By: Brew69(SA) - Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 16:47

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 16:47
Yes welcome mate.
AnswerID: 173168

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 19:46

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 19:46
Thought you could slip in the fact you are a new member in an informative post ay?
Well I saw it..... WELCOME ABOARD!!!
I'm more a Bridgestone, Waeco, Nissan no tent kind a guy hahahaha. SO the Cooper recall flew straight past to the keeper but the "new member" bit didn't miss my attention.

Cheers, Trevor.
AnswerID: 173194

Reply By: Doggy Tease - Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 21:15

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 21:15
Good grief David,,,,you will let anyone on here won't you? lol.
Just to make sure that everyone knows who this bloke really is,,, my 4 year old daughter calls him.............
i cant do that, not yet anyway.
Lets just call him constable care for now, and no he aint a cop. :)
onya warren, 'bout time you got of your date and joined up.

meow.

rick.
AnswerID: 173221

Sponsored Links