HAVE A SUGGESTION DAVID.

Submitted: Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 17:45
ThreadID: 41000 Views:2567 Replies:5 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hey David.. have a thought here..

This is just my thoughts, but others may agree with me.

I've noticed other stuff that isn't to the exact topic posted and myself have done so with the car accidents etc, (which were kinda related because it was in my 4wd!!!!) And I do enjoy reading them because you get to know each other more via different topics, opinions expressed etc).
Anyway, with what you guys have set up here for us all, we all feel like we are this little community/family/friends type thing where we also like to share and talk about other stuff that is going on (besides all our travels) with each other, our lives, society, world etc. Your forum here has helped to join us all together all with one major comman interest and with many of us firm friendships with those within or out of our own states have been made, and often it is via the forum that we all stay connected.

You know how other forum boards like proboards etc are set up? (not asking you to change to that after all the hard work you've done for us all!) but maybe there is someway that there could be one permanantly stickied thread with a couple of sub pages or something on the first page that is just specific for off topic conversation?????
Just throwing an idea out there..

Cheers
Jo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 19:05

Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 19:05
Jo
I like that idea too , for the likes of us old boys we tend to remember things long past like my Post about the Memphis Belle and it drew a fair bit of attention and bought some memories to Bilbo , It got over 280 views but only 4 replys because I personally ask people not to clog up the forum with off subject , I have a wide range of interests in so many subjects and no one to talk to about them , Anyhow it is Davids site and we must go along with what ever he decides,

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 214077

Follow Up By: Mark & Jo, S/side, Bris - Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 19:24

Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 19:24
Hey Doug, How are you Doug, been a bit of time between hi's.
Yeh and see it isn't till you get to talk about other stuff like yours for example that you then see you have this or that in common, made some one think of times they had forgotten about etc.
I love to read about the different stuff that gets talked about.. or one chat goes into another topic that gives us more yarns, expressions of others etc. David has enough to do without any more but maybe a link on here to a forum board for us all that is still an EO community forum if a sticky thread with sub pages can't be done?? Just ideas.
FollowupID: 474342

Follow Up By: MickO13 - Thursday, Jan 11, 2007 at 22:22

Thursday, Jan 11, 2007 at 22:22
Doug, I've been following this site for over a year now and if anyone has posted more threads that have been totally non related to four wheel driving, camping or exploring this great land of ours, it's been you. If you want to talk about other matters, find a related site.
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 475084

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Thursday, Jan 11, 2007 at 22:52

Thursday, Jan 11, 2007 at 22:52
Mick with some silly numbers
If you have been watching this site for over a year I find it amazing just how little you have learnt,
But then people with an attitude such as yours probably don't have much grey matter for which to absorb. I don't have a lot of time for people who have attitudal problems so this will be my first and last reply to Ummph , not to mention the behind the scenes messages i got about you , seems your've made an ass of your self,And as David has quoted 99.9% suits me

DougT
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ExplorOz Team - David replied to a question
Just off-topic is ok and some of the interesting news items etc are sort of fine but ExplorOz is about Exploring Oz. 99.9% of threads are perfectly fine, lets keep it that way.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 475089

Follow Up By: Pezza (Bris) - Thursday, Jan 11, 2007 at 22:56

Thursday, Jan 11, 2007 at 22:56
"Doug, I've been following this site for over a year now"
WOW, so you've certainly got some authourity around here then eh ?
Most of Doug's "off topic" stuff is quite interesting, he also spends a bit of time helping other people on this site.
Lastly, considering he supports this site by paying up his membership fee and seeing that after a whole year, you still couldn't be bothered, I reckon Doug has far more right to put up here whatever the hell he likes, whereas you have bugger all right to tell him what he can and can't "talk about" here.
My opinion only BTW :-)

Avagoodn
Pezza
FollowupID: 475090

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 16:26

Friday, Jan 12, 2007 at 16:26
"My opinion only BTW :-)"

Not true Pezza, it is not only your opinion, it is my opinion as well. Well said.

Trevor.
FollowupID: 475234

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 20:02

Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 20:02
You may as well go all out PHP / Vbuillten then..
AnswerID: 214096

Reply By: Bilbo - Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 22:39

Monday, Jan 08, 2007 at 22:39
I think this topic is "off-topic". It's got nothing to do with 4W Driving and should be on a seperate communication forum somwhere else ;)

Seriously though, I may be an offender in this respect but as Doug says there really are so many interesting and expert people on here it almost impossible to stay off it!

I've currently got a thread going trying to fix my mapping laptop computer. Is that too far removed from correct subject matter David? Thus far the folks on that thread have been far, far more helpful than the kids I talk to in Dick Smiths, any of those "geek" sites that talk over my head or anything I can get off Microsoft's site.

Bilbo

AnswerID: 214139

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 09, 2007 at 12:50

Tuesday, Jan 09, 2007 at 12:50
Computer issue is related - no worries.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 474462

Reply By: Member No 1- Tuesday, Jan 09, 2007 at 07:50

Tuesday, Jan 09, 2007 at 07:50
it would be boring if we didnt have "these" other topics.....
AnswerID: 214176

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 09, 2007 at 12:54

Tuesday, Jan 09, 2007 at 12:54
Just off-topic is ok and some of the interesting news items etc are sort of fine but ExplorOz is about Exploring Oz. 99.9% of threads are perfectly fine, lets keep it that way.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 214224

Sponsored Links