Trailers Banned from Simpson 1 Jan 2009

Why are campers going to "banned" from the Simpson? I assume lightweight ones fall apart etc but my ALLTERRAIN CAMPERTRAILERS camper trailer manufactured Seven Hills NSW is full offroad and has been everywhere. Can anyone provide the official reason?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Vince NSW - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:18

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:18
Where did you information come from ?
The theory is that trailers cause damage to the dunes. They may do, I am not sure. More likely the damage is caused by twits not lowering tyre pres and using too much right foot.

Vince
AnswerID: 323927

Follow Up By: Moosehead - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 23:30

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 23:30
I just read the information here on ExploreOz on the front page of the newsletter no. 164 dated 4 September 2008.
FollowupID: 591108

Reply By: Russ n Sue - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:21

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:21
I can't help you with an official reason and I suspect that the Department concerned would have a great deal of trouble giving you an "official reason" but if you look at what is happening elsewhere in Australia the following might help:

1) You might have a tough trailer, but for every person like you there will be another who will try to pull a daggy, old, unmaintained 6 x 4 box trailer across and break an axle or spring or whatever. These trailers end up abandonded and are usually left to authorities to recover.

2) Vehicles pulling these trailers (either flash trailers like yours, or old dungers or anything in between) will do more damage to the tracks than will vehicles without trailers. It stands to reason that more effort and traction is required to drag a trailer through sand. Not every driver is skillful enough to avoid damaging the tracks.

3) The authorities are forever worrying about their public liability and it stands to reason that they would be concerned that vehicles towing trailers are more likely to get hopelessly bogged and stuck in the desert than a vehicle that is not skulldragging a trailer. To minimise their risk exposure, it is easier to simply ban trailers.

4) Government Departments will always ban or close something, thereby punishing the great majority of users, to protect a few idiots from themselves.

Cheers,

Russ.
AnswerID: 323928

Follow Up By: Moosehead - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:33

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:33
It is a process of government that someone devises a policy and it is then implemented. It would be written down somewhere and recorded so that if you challenge the banning authority they will tell you that "Our Department" or "The Minister" or "A Regulation has been passed" directing that a ban take place. I am interested in challenging it as we are already over-regulated and I was looking for the starting point.
FollowupID: 591000

Follow Up By: Russ n Sue - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:25

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:25
Hi Moosehead,

Good luck with that. If you get nowhere trying to get a reason from them, try the Freedom of Information route - it sometimes works.

I have a Daughter in Local Government. She cracks us up with some of the things she sees and hears. As she says, most things decided at a Departmental level are done so by Committee. It usually starts with a meeting (meetings are the practical alternative to working) and someone will say something like "have you seen all the abandoned trailers out in the Simmo?"

They'll all nod and mutter and then some bright spark will say "We should ban them". After that it's a foregone conclusion. These people know that under the legislation they can do pretty much anything they like. They then make a consensus decision, thereby negating the possibility that any single person is actually responsible for the decision.....and the decision is implemented.

Bottom line....there doesn't actually have to be a reason and no individual can be held responsible for the decision. Often as not, these decisions do not need to be ratified by departmental heads or Ministers if they are already within the scope of the Regulations set by that Department.

Some things they decide suck, others make sense. Personally, I wouldn't drag a trailer across the Simmo, and I think that people who do pull trailers across need to think a bit more about the damage they do to the tracks, but I do agree with you that we are an over-Governed and over-regulated population as it is now.

I'm particularly p 'ed off that I have to wear a helmet to ride a push-bike. Laws that protect people from themselves are very annoying. We Australians don't protest enough when stupid laws, regs and ruled are invoked. I've talked to many Europeans who say that no European Government in their right mind would bring in some of the laws that Australians simply acquiesce to.

I'd better stop before I start grumbling about needing permits to traverse roads that my taxes paid to have built in the first place...

Cheers

Russ.
FollowupID: 591004

Reply By: Moosehead - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:22

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:22
I just read the information here on ExploreOz on the front page of the newsletter no. 164 dated 4 September 2008.
AnswerID: 323929

Reply By: Mainey (wa) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:25

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:25
Maybe, just maybe it's more relevant to the safety aspect of the area?
I drove across it and then back out to Poepels peg with friends some years ago in two small Suzuki's 4wd's, we had a ball as they went anywhere because of their low weight and fuel was cheaper than water too.
(no fridge, no trailer, no home comforts at all)

Mainey . . .
AnswerID: 323930

Reply By: pjd - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:48

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:48
that will spoil a lot of trips for a lot of people
but the funny thing is mother nature does a lot more damage than any car or trailer could ever possibly do with rain flowing down the dunes & wind blowing up the dunes cutting them up & puting peaks on them a 4wd going over the top now & then helps keep the tacks driveable ive crossed the simpson following 4bs i could see in the distance but not able to see there tracks
from the wind blowing them away
maybe there should be a fine $$$ for the idiots that dont let down there tyre pressures
AnswerID: 323934

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:09

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:09
pjd
I have a simple answer here, anyone towing a trailer must check it in at Mt Dare, and if it's not attached to the vehicle when Birdsville Police Station for a check out then a recovery fine could be applied , is that to hard ,

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 591002

Follow Up By: Krakka - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:26

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:26
Doug, thats ok if you exit the desert at Birdsville.
FollowupID: 591013

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:36

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:36
Krakka
Yeh.... your right ya know, forgot the Warburton Track.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 591014

Follow Up By: jdwynn (Adelaide) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:41

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:41
Simple Krakka, if authorities chased you up after you got home, take your trailer to local police stn and get them to sight it. Problem solvered. If you did Hay River perhaps call into Alice police stn (depending on your direction).

pjd you're spot on. We’ve turned around in sand country before and been unable to find our own tracks after 30m.
FollowupID: 591015

Reply By: ingo57 - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:52

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:52
Gday all

Im not against trailers by any means and am thinking of buying one in the near future but feel that banning them across the Simpson is not a bad Idea.
As said above there is a lot more traction required to pull a dead weight over sand dunes there fore causing them to be badly chopped up on the approach side of the dunes.
All it takes is a little wheel spin/traction/spin/traction and the trailer follows bouncing/compacting the ruts that have been made.
When we went across the french line earlier this year it was incredibly bouncy on the approaches and when refuelling at Mt Dare we were told that a group of twenty 4bys with camper trailers ripped it apart at the start of the season and we were about a day behind another tagalong tour of 12 vehicles all with trailers.
The problem then is compounded by any vehicle (trailer or not) because it is too hard to build up a little momentum to easily crest a dune without wheel spinning to much.
We found our selves almost stopped at times halfway up the side of a dune to try and settle the bouncing, loosing momentum and accelerating again which ultimately is furthering the damage.
Then there is the ultimate going across with 30 - 40 psi in there tyres, dont know how you can put brains into idiots though.

My thoughts of the Simpson is it is an amazing place and every year, it is coping with more and more traffic and think its necessary to try and preserve it where ever we can now so it can be enjoyed for generations to come
AnswerID: 323947

Reply By: jdwynn (Adelaide) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:34

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 12:34
We crossed Simpson last year and saw no trailer left there. But we did see a roof rack lying by the side of the road, so I reckon we should ban those instead…….And there were heaps of tyres on the side of the road along the Strzelecki Track. We really need to consider banning rubber tyres too. Apart from the visual pollution there’s a safety element in this one too………TIC if you didn’t realise!

Always the responsible majority are being compromised by a few irresponsible idiots.

I went to the expense of buying a light camper – so far I haven’t felt any difference in my off-roadability. I'm a tyre pressure fanatic. I would only cross the Simpson, or go elsewhere with the camper in the direction presenting the easiest (or a doable) run at the time i.e. I ask questions about conditions before I leave. I don’t use chicken tracks unless no choice, so as to limit impact.

I'm legal – in terms of towed weight and/or roof rack load i.e. I'm not using my (very heavy) roof rack anymore. I had 2 spares (one on roof) with 4wd alone previously, and have 2 spares total with camper set up now. I am without a lot of weight that was previously up high (e.g. heavy touring tent), and jerry cans like spare wheels, are now low and better secured. I'm more stable than ever. How many serious family 4 wheelers on a decent journey with a load, can say as much in terms of legality and stability?

I'm not alone in being able to argue that my current set up is every bit as good as when I was 4wheeling without a camper.

And where’s the factual evidence of the trailer damage anyway………is it all anecdotal generalising?

AnswerID: 323958

Reply By: Member - Wim (Qld) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:35

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:35
I have recently had the pleasure of watching how ruts are formed on the approach side of a sand dune.
This was by a single vehicle, No trailer.
I believe there is a lot more to it than "all the problems are caused by vehicles with trailers". Done right, a lightly loaded 4WD and lightly loaded trailer should have minimum impact on dunes.
This however may not stop those with trailers paying the price of the ignorance of others.

Regards
Camper setup
July 2012 - Hay River & Binns track
VKS 737 Mobile 0091
Selcall 0091

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 323968

Reply By: Member - CROOZA (SA) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:45

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:45
This is one topic that gets me going.
Camper Trailers are continually critisised for damaging the Simpson.
What a load of rubbish.

I crossed the Simpson 4 years ago with a trailer and recently again.
Yes I noticed the damage that has happend over the past 4 years.
Being I work at alot of camping shows I have spoken to many people who have bragged about crossing the desert in 2wd and without letting their tyres down.
This is what needs to be policed tyre pressures and vehicles engaged in to 4wd.
The other thing I noticed is the scarring up dune faces for no apparent reason except for clowns wanting to have some so called fun.
I had heard of the Ranger at Dalhousie telling everyone of the banning of trailers in 2009.
Well after speaking with the head Ranger in Port Augusta this is NOT true and I believe the Ranger is going to be spoken to about these false claims.
The Port Augusta Ranger said the topic does come up but there are plenty of other issues to tend to first.
If you have some good 4wdriving experience and get your tyre pressures down including the trailer tyres you can pretty well walk up all the dunes causing no damage at all.

I watched a video of a groups Simpson trip recently and there group with NO trailers did alot of things to make me shake my head.

The Rangers should get out of their cosy little offices and spend some time out there policing especially in July school holidays.

Ban the clowns not the trailers.

Sorry for the rant but I am passionate about this topic.

Paul.
AnswerID: 323970

Reply By: Voxson - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:54

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:54
If i drove past an abandoned car or a trailer or whatever,, so long as it isnt toilet paper, bottles or any sort of rubbish you can take with you,,, i wouldnt give a rats...
I quite like coming across things like that and checking it out,,, they all tell a little story..
Like the wrecked EJ Holden at whateverkapinna bridge on the Strez Track etc etc...
Like the motorbike frame on the rig road...
The GU at Archer River..
The 40 series at Lorella Springs..
The Jeep at Stockton Beach..
The odd ship wreck along the coast...
Its not like it would be starting a precident of dumping cars,,,, just the odd trailer or 4x4 abandoned... So What?
AnswerID: 323971

Follow Up By: Voxson - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:59

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:59
Too many tossers trying to justify their office jobs,,,,, never even been to a desert....
Like the parks pass...... What a joke....
Another TAX!!!!!!!!!
100bucks to cross a waste land on top of fuel and running cost.....
Got us by the short and curlies,,,, because we dont want to stay at home on our time off.............
They give you a flash book and make it seem like more than it is...

But having said that i love the desert,, but not because of what that book says...
FollowupID: 591026

Follow Up By: Voxson - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 21:57

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 21:57
I meant The Oodnadatta Track by the way.
FollowupID: 591092

Reply By: Robin Miller - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:58

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 13:58
Hi Moosehead

There is no logical in depth sense to this stuff, otherwise
the move would be on ensuring acceptable setups only went across as opposed to a "ban on trailers".

This however would require more effort and infrastructure.

A coil sprung vehicle like a patrol towing a proper trailer does
less damage than a stiffly sprung all leaf car like a troppy,
but its much easier to see and implement a trailer ban.

So looking at the overall scene bureacrats simply make a ruling
that they think will make an overall difference and stuff those
that can do these things sensibly.

There will be weird and probably more damaging ways around whatever they come with unfortunately, which will then get a response and around in circles we go.

Examples of this are the total mess made by committee based departmental groups over the murray water allocation. No one really quite knows how it happened but the system was stuffed despite plenty of warnings and by people who mostly have good but naive intentions.

We took an unloaded bike trailer across the Simpson this year as a support vehicle and if this sort of rubbish is implemented you will probably see Utes to carry bikes as backup instead, with chains to assist as required.

We live in a very strange world in which an American president can push the big button and affect millions, but can't get away with having a girlfriend.

So it is with these departments, you can't take them on directly on the specific issue but they can be significantly affected by legal out of left field approaches.

So the responsible thing to do is to try and look for an avenue to have an input.
Once or twice I have been able to see a common sense approach get thru but usually someone gets hurt first and lets hope its not a loss of amenity at Mt Dare or Birdsville thru reduced tourism.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 323972

Reply By: MAVERICK(WA) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 14:19

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 14:19
Back in the 70's I was playing in and around the Bungles. They were then 'discovered' and the world found out and people wanted to visit and touch etc. But the Hwy was still dirt and it upset the toruists - so the Hwy was sealed and along came the tourists - and their caravans. So some tried to get into the Bungles and after the wet season the track/road in was all messed up and many caravans (and vehicles) were damaged. Some had to be recovered and some could be repaired. These people all blamed everyone except themselves for the damage. So the WA Govt Dept concerned put a ban on caravans going into the Bungles. But because of people in charge being what they are the ban included anything being towed. The market for off-road trailers was just starting and there were some pretty formidable things getting around. No amount of pleading would let the wizz-bang stuff through. But then another group of people arrived to look after the place (still for the WA Govt) and they said offroad trailers are ok but caravans are not. What has this to do with the Simpson - nothing really but when I did a bit of a trip out there in mid 2006 there were a couple of trailers broken and looking stuffed as were their owners - and they blamed everyone except themselves. It only takes a few whingers to stuff it up for all. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 323975

Reply By: soldiver - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 14:21

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 14:21
Hi All
Thought I would open my account (first time poster) and add to the debate. I have been across the Simpson about 5 times each without a camper trailer. I have also seen mad buggers screaming along the tracks - overseas visitors trying to do it in a few days to move on and see the rest of Australia. I have seen the tracks blown over so unless you spotted the route between the vegetation the track wasn't that obvious.
I have new relented and got a light weight off road camper trailer and intend to dothe crossing again. I agree with the points raised about correct tyre pressures etc. Also I have had a landcruiser & troopie loaded to the roof (and on it) that representaed a lot of gear & weight and cannot see how what I have now will necessaryily cause any more undue strain. Bottom line is I agree with the sentiment "why blame the equipment rather than the user"!
Cheers
See you at Mt Dare, Dalhousie Springs on somewhere else on the track.
AnswerID: 323976

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 14:29

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 14:29
If the authorities are worried about broken trailers being dumped by the roadside I assume plans are in place to ban cars from Aboriginal Communities????
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 323978

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 19:35

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 19:35
Good one GB. That made me chuckle.

Norm C
FollowupID: 591065

Follow Up By: Rossco td105 - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 22:52

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 22:52
Me too, not many dumped sedans etc. out there!
FollowupID: 591102

Reply By: Member - Glenn H (NSW) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 19:20

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 19:20
Well you wouldn't believe it, just as we are planning a Simpson trip next May, along comes this possible banning of vans/trailers. But there is too much speculation as to its implementation so more digging for data is needed. I will start a new post re Jayco's across the Simpson to stir the hornets nest and maybe get some serious answers. Cheers, Warrie.
Warrie

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 324018

Reply By: Crackles - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 19:35

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 19:35
Unfortunately too many people think their camper trailers are "Full offroad" rated when in fact they often aren't. Too many think just because their trailer is rated to 1.6 tonne that they will actually carry that weight & not break. Too many think because their mate crossed towing last year with 25 psi in the tyres that they can do it too.
Some think they can post their ALLTERRAIN CAMPERTRAILERS from Seven Hills NSW to get a free add & nobody will notice ;-))
Cheers Craig.............
AnswerID: 324023

Follow Up By: Moosehead - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 23:19

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 23:19
Crackles,
Thanks for your valued input but not sure how your response helped me to answer my original question. My trailer is a full offroad model ALLTERRAIN CAMPERTRAILER and I needed to distinguish it from the cheapy box trailers with tents on the back (no offence intended as they have their uses, two of my mates have them and reckon I went overboard). I have travelled much of Central Australia, Victoria and Cape York via the full length of the Telegraph Track. I have even recovered other vehicles using the tow point on the ALLTERRAIN CAMPERTRAILER trailer with my NISSAN Patrol 4.2 GU (and I am not advertising for NISSAN). Many of the cheapy trailers use the terms all terrain and offroad which you correctly identified may not be the case so I wanted to ensure that I spoke with some experience and others across Australia on ExplorOz knew what I was on about when I asked the question. This brand of camper trailer is well respected at all the camping shows and built solidly, that is why I am proud of our camper.

From the discussion it appears camper trailers may be banned because of either:-
1. Damaging the tracks through
too high tyre pressure
not adhering to tread lightly principles
poor driving technique
2. Breaking down and being abandoned
3. Cost to authorities of removing broken down trailers
4. Jealous public officials stuck in offices and not enjoying the Simpson in their ALLTERRAIN CAMPERTRAILER.

As to finding the answer to "Who is actually proposing the ban?" I will continue inquiring. I read the ExplorOz newsletter No. 164 and following up from their with this original question.

PS. Loved my first ALLTERRAIN CAMPERTRAILER so much I upgraded and now onto my second one.
FollowupID: 591106

Follow Up By: Crackles - Saturday, Sep 06, 2008 at 00:37

Saturday, Sep 06, 2008 at 00:37
"not sure how your response helped me to answer my original question".
1st part of your question asks why they are going to be banned. Simply put the damage from too higher pressures, carrying too much weight on inappropriate campers has led to trouble where authorities need to act to both protect the environment & stop people putting themselves at risk. The fella a few posts on is a case in point considering taking a Jaco across simply because he's been to the Cape with it!
As capable as any trailer may be even the best of them will fail when overloaded or driven too hard with inexperienced drivers having trouble no matter what they are towing.
As for an official reason there is nothing official yet about this trailer ban although agree it is important to challenge these idea's early to nip them in the bud before they do become law.
In all honesty I thought you were selling All Terrain campers the way you plugged it but obvious now just a happy owner :">
Cheers Craig.........
FollowupID: 591110

Reply By: Member Brian (Gold Coast) - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 19:38

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 19:38
I'm of the opinion that the Desert does MORE damage to the trailers than the trailers do to the desert!!

I mean, it's sand! And there's WIND out there! So if a few ruts get started in a dune.... the next wind will repair them, won't it......
But the wind can't fix a bent draw bar or holed water tank (In June some bloke towing a Kimberley Karavan across the SD suffered both these "injuries" to his KK)

Remember "they" were going to close Hook Point on Fraser? Someone from 4WD Qld told "them" that he had NEVER seen the migratory birds (that were in danger from the 4by's) nesting on the sand where the 4by's drive! And with that gem saved the day for Hook Point!!!!

Personally I doubt that I would tow my trailer across the SD, but I know people who have..... good luck to 'em.

And I agree with Dougy's suggestion about the "check in/out" system.... good idea!

Cheer

Brian
AnswerID: 324025

Follow Up By: Crackles - Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 22:44

Friday, Sep 05, 2008 at 22:44
"the next wind will repair them, won't it......" It probably does to some extent Brian but many unused seismic lines put in 30 years ago are still clearly visable as the plants often don't grow back. The increased trailer traffic has led to many driving up the dunes on an angle trying to find easier routes, the wind no doubt filling the tracks soon enough but vegetation run over takes many years to come back.
Cheers Craig............
FollowupID: 591101

Reply By: Kiwi & "Grenade" - Saturday, Sep 06, 2008 at 08:26

Saturday, Sep 06, 2008 at 08:26
Birdsville and Mt Dare are bound to suffer in some sort of way as people wont be crossing with their trailer if they are on a big trip - they will go elsewhere.....

plus if your planning on wanting to get to either place then its going to be a hell of a detour to get there.....

there goes our plans for a crossing!
AnswerID: 324086

Reply By: AndrewX - Saturday, Sep 06, 2008 at 10:24

Saturday, Sep 06, 2008 at 10:24
Moosehead I don't think anyone gives a damn what sort of trailer you or anyone else has or whether it's going to make it across in one piece. That is your problem. The concern is the problem that you will give others by the damage you will cause to the desert. People are not worried about your welfare - just the desert's welfare.
AnswerID: 324102

Reply By: Tony - Sunday, Sep 07, 2008 at 21:12

Sunday, Sep 07, 2008 at 21:12
I have been concerned re the argument of trailers in the desert for some time. For our family the option was simple - we towed the camper to Marree, camped there for a couple of nights & got everything set-up for our trek across the desert. We left the camper at Marree and then tented the trip going clockwise from Marree. After the trip we returned to Marree to the camper and stayed another couple of nights before returning home. OK, some people want to go from one side to the other & keep travelling so that wont suit them. There are many who have campers on their 4WD ute - that eliminates the trailer issue but only adds to a probably overloaded vehicle & the damage continues to be done despite not pulling the trailer into the desert. Other than trailers wrecking the place, what about the dirty lazy rotten pigs who leave their toilet paper laying around - ban them people. It creates an argument for having to take a porta-pot as a condition of entry. Then there are the people who are stripping the remaining few trees for fire wood - bring your own I say.
I don't have the answer to all of this and I am no greenie and don't want the place closed but I sure get cheesed off when people find excuses to go against the recommendation's of the departments controlling the place only then to wonder why great big cable fences & gates get put up to lock us all out.
Follow the rules & you have the right to fight to keep it open.
Tony
AnswerID: 324288

Follow Up By: Member - CROOZA (SA) - Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 08:55

Tuesday, Sep 09, 2008 at 08:55
Thats the point some people with or without trailers do follow the rules and the rest with or without trailers dont.
A well set up 4wd with a capable offraod camper trailer NOT caravan and an experienced driver will do no damage to the desert. As to those who have an inadequate vehicle then wack an oversized camper of caravan behind it and have no experience except for morer right boot will get me there will do the damage.
The trailer ban will not happen that easily because there will still be clowns doing the wrong thing with or without a trailers.

What could be tried is for travellers in the desert to ask other travellers what their tyre pressures are and if to high politely advise them and if your advice is not wanted take their rego number and report them to the Ranger.

Keep on towing
Paul.
FollowupID: 591574

Sponsored Links