The new RV-PLUS is in stock now, this power adaptor is exclusively designed for travellers. Safely connect your 15A caravan/RV/camper-trailer to a 10A outlet, at home and on the road.
AMPFIBIAN RV-PLUS safely and legally connects your 15A caravan/RV/camper-trailer to any 10A domestic power socket. AMPFIBIAN RV-PLUS automatically trips at 10A if the power outlet becomes overloaded, protecting your 10A power supply. It additionally protects you against electric shock using a Residual Current Device (RCD).
Why it's needed:
The difference between a standard domestic powerpoint and a caravan, etc. is the amount of power that these devices are designed to operate at. A household powerpoint is designed to operate at up to 10A but a caravan/RV is designed to operate at up to 15A of power. For safety reasons, a 15A caravan lead plug will not connect directly into a standard 10A household powerpoint.
Ampfibian allows for the safe and legal connection of a 15A load (e.g. caravan) to a standard 10A domestic
powerpoint, protecting the domestic power supply from overloading. Ampfibian also includes an earth leakage device (RCD) safety switch which will protect people from potential electric shock through faulty wiring or appliances.
- 2 year warranty
- Owned, designed and made in Australia
- L-Class rating for non-commercial use
- Meets AS/NZS-3001 and AS/NZS-3190
- Individually tested
- Tough IK-08 impact rating
- Accepts ordinary and heavy duty leads to 12mm diameter
- Compact size
- Lid-locking padlock attachment point
- Power indicator light
- Weatherproof with or without outlet lead
- Weatherproof to IP55 in any position
- For ordinary and heavy duty 15A leads to 12mm diameter
- RCD for personal protection
- 2400W overload protection
- 15A to 10A power adaptor
- Specifically made for travellers