Not only does this book provide detailed maps for the route from Laverton in Western Australia to Winton in Queensland, but there’s also commentary on places of interest that might otherwise go unnoticed. With this book, you can plan your trip along the Outback Way and ensure you won’t miss the ‘must-see’ attractions, as well as the lesser known areas favoured by the experts. This book also provides a collection of checklists, tips, advice and cautions that every outback traveller should familiarise themselves with to ensure they are prepared for all that might lie ahead.
So whether you just want to make it across the Centre, or are looking for a serious 4WD adventure, this informative book with its easy-to-follow maps throughout is an indispensable companion.
This book contains the following features-
– Detailed strip maps for the entire route from Laverton to Winton – from Hema’s
best-selling Great Desert Tracks maps
– Handy atlas for Perth to Cairns
– Town maps for Laverton, Yulara, Alice Springs, Boulia and Winton
– Planning and preparation tips, including vehicle preparation and bush survival
– Geocaching & the Outback Way-Finder Trail
– Suggested itineraries & 4WD tracks linking into the Outback Way
– Accommodation options from rooms, managed caravan parks and campgrounds, to the best roadside camps
– Aboriginal culture & art centres
– Background reading on the region’s bioregions, flora and fauna
– Camp Oven Cuisine & Games and activities