ExplorOz Traveller (8.7.0 Beta)

Submitted: Friday, May 17, 2024 at 19:48
ThreadID: 147712 Views:1030 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
Hi Folks,

I have just uploaded ExplorOz Traveller 8.7.0 into Beta on Google and TestFlight on Apple, additionally this has been installed as the current Web based version.

There are a number of performance improvements within this update but also a new Members feature for GPX export direct from the app for Folder, Places, Treks and Track Logs. This option resides under the share icon

Among the performance updates is a refactor of the way treks have been stored and displayed on the app. So testing the app update/upgrade is important, you should not notice anything different (maybe a little slower on first load up after upgrade to rebuild the internal database) nor should you need to Clear Content etc it should just work.

If you are on the Beta/Test Flight programs or use the Web version please test these updates. As we have moved into a busier travelling period, I want to ensure a good test is done before this goes into production as we want to ensure there is no disruption to existing users out in the bush. We are hoping to release this update next week on the Apple and Android platforms.

If you want to join the Android Beta program and have the app on this platform use this link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.exploroz.traveller

If you want to join the Apple Test Flight program and have the app on this platform you will need to install the Test Flight app from the app store and then follow this link https://testflight.apple.com/join/NUNevyvV

Please use the Help Desk to report any serious findings. If you have tested and did not find any issues please let us know in this post.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DamonB - Tuesday, May 21, 2024 at 23:48

Tuesday, May 21, 2024 at 23:48
hi David.
I am having some problems with the web app since the new version.
At first I had some trouble saving updates to a personal trek I am working on. Now I can't load any of my Personal Treks into Nav for editing. They seem ok in the current Android version.
Is this the right place to report bugs, or do you have a bug tracking forum somewhere where I should submit more detail?
regards,
...Damon
AnswerID: 645925

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 07:07

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 07:07
Hi Damon, log a request with all the details on the help desk. David, Michelle or one of the other admins will only be to happy to help.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 926346

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 11:11

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 11:11
Hi Damon,

Firstly let’s clean up cause you mentioned you had some initial problems and now it seems worse. So on the web app go to Data Manager and do a clear content and download again. Then see how you get on, the best place to lodge feedback is the Help Desk (see footer below for link).

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926347

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 15:44

Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 15:44
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR ALL WEB APP USERS of V8.7.0
There has been a reported (and reproducible bug in this version with saving nav plans as Treks - so please read on for the current work around.)

When creating nav plans - the first time you save and create the Trek there will be no problem.
The bug only occurs when you change a previously created Trek and then Save by overwriting the original Trek.

Whilst you are waiting for us to fix this, if you need to edit Treks use the option to save your changes by creating a new Trek - ie. don't save over the top. Or just use v8.6.2 on your other devices (phone/tablets) as usual.

David will be looking at fixing this issue in beta v87.0 of the web app tomorrow.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 645931

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, May 23, 2024 at 17:28

Thursday, May 23, 2024 at 17:28
This issue has now been fixed in Beta Release 8.7.1 so please ensure you have this latest update and continue testing.

The 8.7.1 has been loaded to Android (Beta) Open Testing, Apple Test Flight and the Web App.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926353

Sponsored Links