AI Box Adapters on Discount

Hi all, I just happened to notice today that the CarLinkKit TBox 3 AI Box Adapter has been reduced to $185 (previously over $250). This item is linked from our FAQ as a good solution for CarPlay users wanting to access the Traveller app. So if you are a CarPlay user and want to get one at a good price, now might be a good time.

Product Link Here

For more background information - please refer to the Headunits FAQ section on our Traveller page here where you can see the complications for people attempting to use navigation apps through CarPlay with factory headunits (eg. Ranger, BT50, LC300 etc).

If you have any questions, just ask. We also have a video on our YouTube channel where we demonstrate how to use an AI Box adapter with CarPlay. It doesn't matter which AI Box adapter you use - they are all the same in function. Link to the ExplorOz YouTube Channel
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Travelling fulltime in 2024

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bigfish - Saturday, May 18, 2024 at 21:10

Saturday, May 18, 2024 at 21:10
Amazon
AnswerID: 645912

Reply By: Rainman WA - Monday, May 20, 2024 at 14:36

Monday, May 20, 2024 at 14:36
Has anyone had any "long term" experience with one of these units? They look appealing but some reviews by users are a bit mixed, with some reporting they frequently need rebooting or just stop working altogether
AnswerID: 645922

Reply By: Member - MoikeHunt - Thursday, May 23, 2024 at 00:14

Thursday, May 23, 2024 at 00:14
I have one of these CarLinkKit TBox 3 boxes and it works a treat in my 21 Kluger. However, my 23MUX won't have a bar of it. I get the feeling that there may be compatibility issues with some cars. However, if it works in your car I might suggest it is worth the money particularly if you can get it for the lower price mentioned above, I wasn't so fortunate with the pricing. For my MUX, I have ended up using a spare iPad mounted in one of the cup holders via some RAM mounting solutions.
My father was a bus driver. When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, just like him, unlike his screaming passengers.

AnswerID: 645934

Follow Up By: Rainman WA - Thursday, May 23, 2024 at 10:56

Thursday, May 23, 2024 at 10:56
That sounds promising. I've just moved from a 2002 90 series Prado to a 2021 150 Prado and am now trying to work out what I'm going to do about mapping as placing a tablet on the dash of the 150 isnt my preferred option. Cheers
FollowupID: 926352

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Friday, May 24, 2024 at 05:54

Friday, May 24, 2024 at 05:54
Rainman,

Check out the Vhedia site. A variety of head units to suit current models that look like factory units when installed. I’ve got both ExplorOz Traveller & Hema 4WD Maps installed.

Look here.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 926355

Follow Up By: Rainman WA - Friday, May 24, 2024 at 09:51

Friday, May 24, 2024 at 09:51
Yeah I've been looking at the Vhedia units, but at the moment I'm quite happy with the factory unit so I've ordered the carlinkkit option.

And the $185 is US dollars so around $AU280 including shipping. Hopefully it works OK.
FollowupID: 926356

Follow Up By: Member - MoikeHunt - Friday, May 24, 2024 at 10:47

Friday, May 24, 2024 at 10:47
I got mine from Amazon AU, delivered next day. If it works in your car I believe you will be quite happy with it.
My father was a bus driver. When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, just like him, unlike his screaming passengers.

FollowupID: 926359

Sponsored Links