Radio Security Code

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:39

Member - Greg A (QLD)

Hi All,

After gaining great value from this site I've finally done the right thing and joined up.

I have a Toyota Starlet that I use for commuting. The radio/cassette has a problem which will entail removing, but I have been given no security code so as soon as I disconnect power it will be stuffed.

Is there any way the security code can be reset without knowing the original.

Or is it a matter of taking it back to Toyota and paying through the nose?

Thanks in advance.

Greg..
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Back to Forum
Thread Watch Alert Moderator FAQ
ThreadID: 46200 Replies: 8
Views: 15700 FollowUps: 2
This Thread has been Archived
Thread Summary
AnswerID: 244288   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:45

Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses replied:

Greg, Toyota as part of their normal service should be able to provide that to you then again you say they pay through the nose with them. They should be able to give it to you.
Cheers,
Who?
John
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Reply 1 of 8
FollowupID: 505262   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:53

Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses posted:

Its worth arguing the point they should give you the security code for your own radio - especially if there are others in the shop, but just plan what you will say and not much more.
Cheers,
Who?
John
Thumbs UpThanks 0
FollowUp 1 of 1
AnswerID: 244305   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 10:25

Garbutt replied:

I had similat problem in a Ford, the local dealer found out the code for me no probs and no charge, can't see why Toyota should be any different.

GB
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Reply 2 of 8
AnswerID: 244312   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 10:46

Steve from Top End Explorer Tours replied:

They once used the last 4 digits of the chassis #

Try that Steve.
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Reply 3 of 8
AnswerID: 244313   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 10:49

Member - joc45 (WA) replied:

Had an interesting problem a coupe of years ago; I had fitted a 2-way radio to a rented 4wd, and had to disconnect the battery to connect the wiring. Naturally, the radio stopped working, so I rang the hire mob to get the pin code, which they obliged. The code wouldn't work. After much frustration, I checked the hire car paperwork to see if that would shed any light on the matter, when it became apparent that they had given me the wrong car! Another phone call, was told not to worry, keep that car, and I got the correct pin code.
Gerry
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Reply 4 of 8
EOTrackMe - GPS & Satellite Tracking Service Sponsor Message
Tracking for travellers with online mapping & privacy settings. Almost any phone, tablet, PC or satellite device can connect to EOTrackMe. Ideal for families & safety. Sign up free (Members only).
www.exploroz.com/EOTrackMe/Default.aspx
AnswerID: 244327   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 11:21

Member - extfilm (NSW) replied:

Ecery time I have disconnected the battery to rewire some of the accsessories I simply rang the dealership, told them my number plate number and they gave me the code instantly. No Charge.
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Reply 5 of 8
AnswerID: 244354   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 13:59

Mikee5 (QLD) replied:

I have a Toyota Landcruiser 100 series. Before I disconnected the battery for the first time I asked Toyota for the radio cassette security code. I was told (for free!) the code was not set up unless it was requested. I took them at their word and disconnected the battery. On reconnection it all worked without any code.
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Reply 6 of 8
AnswerID: 244416   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 18:06

donks1 replied:

toyota radio codes are set by each dealer. each car that dealer sells has the same code. if you are the origional owner, call the dealer you bought it from. otherwise you need to find the selling dealer

donks
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Reply 7 of 8
AnswerID: 244465   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 19:44

Member - Stephen M (NSW) replied:

Normally the last three digits of your chassis no. If you have any problems contact me through members and I will give you my phone number and give me a ring will put you onto my mate who should get it for you with in 5 mins. Regards Steve M
Thumbs UpThanks 0
Reply 8 of 8
FollowupID: 505440   Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2007 at 20:17

obee posted:

I never understood why I got a cassett/radio with my hilux in 2001 cos the cassettes about obsolete then. I ditched it and got a cd/mp3 player and now they bring out usb docks! And soon it will be digital radio so I better wait for that one and then it probably be sattelite.

Owen
Thumbs UpThanks 0
FollowUp 1 of 1