Comment: <span class="highlight">Canning</span> / Kidson Track -Disaster Strikes-Our flight from the <span class="highlight">Canning</span> (&

Good read, as usual, Mick.

Interesting reading of your problem with the tank. Not sure, but I believe it is the same people in Melbourne that I purchased my long range tank from.

If that is indeed the case then I would advise anybody to be a tad careful if purchasing from them.

You will recall that I had a similar problem this year. Maybe, just maybe, they need to have a very close look at the manufacturing process.

Yes I know they repaired the tank, and paid shipping costs, but it came back looking like a repair, and not a particular good looking one either. Time will tell if indeed it is a quality repair, but for the money paid it should not be in the back of the mind..........."will it fail again??" -especially on extended remote trips.

And they did not even bother to put a shroud over the very exposed drain plug..............

Lesson learnt as to where I place my pennies next time.

-and if anyone is interested, MM me and I will give you the name.

cheers
MJ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 00:52

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 00:52
No Michael this is not that Manufacturer. It is another well known brand made in Melbourne. I went through 4 of their tanks overall and could not fault their customer service. In the end, the boss flew to Alice Springs with a custom made tank and fitted it himself. No problems after that. I have had issues at various times with every tank I have put in. This has been with four different and reputable manufacturers. Not all were leak issues I might add, some were mounts. It is a common problem with all brands these days as conditions out there are getting tougher and tougher and manufacturers need to keep pace. I've had no issues with leaks in my tanks from the manufacturer that you are thinking of. Mount issue only and soon fixed. M.
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 547015

Sponsored Links