Comment: A Tough Way to Earn a <span class="highlight">Beer</span>

Submitted: Monday, Dec 19, 2011 at 16:45
ThreadID: 114249 Views:1219 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Baz,

Good on ya....I have run marathons and have done a lot of hunting in the southern alps for tahr but haven't done the C to C altho in my younger days I did consider it but I reckon I am all better now that the running thing is out of my system.

I cannot help but think you need to do more fartlek type training and get used to stepping from boulder to boulder.

I don't think the run to Goat Pass is that far if you are a gun but it seems running is your weak point so I would try to do a lot of your running if possible off road (esp at the weekend if you are doing a longer run).

For those of us who grew up in the southern alps rock hopping comes second nature but for someone from across the ditch it may suddenly be daunting.

It won't be and if your core fitness is as good as it sounds you'll be fine but we wouldn't want you tripping over a rock right at the start!!!!! As you found out in your bush bash!!!!

If you like you can ring me on ++64 6 8670641 and I will see if I can help you in anyway but we now live in the North Island.

Regards

Graeme
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Landy - Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:10

Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:10
Thanks Graeme for the thoughts and offer.. I will actually be there for a training run in mid January, and presently I am training up and down the Great North Walk, a usual walking haunt of mine. Plenty of stepping up and down to get the kegs and quads working! I'm working on the basis that time will be on my side, and will have the endurance even if it takes some time...The Waimak is another story, so I'm doing two paddles down there when I am over in January!!

Cheer,s Baz
AnswerID: 548250

Sponsored Links