Roadstar GT Classic <span class="highlight">caravan</span>

Hi all
We are looking at purchasing a new van and was wondering what good/bad experiences any one has had with the Roadstar vans?
We will be looking at doing a lot of offroad travel but not of the serious type. Gravel, dirt and corrugations with a few shallow creek crossings thrown into the mix.

Scratcher
Member since 2011
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - reggy 2 (VIC) - Friday, Jan 31, 2020 at 15:59

Friday, Jan 31, 2020 at 15:59
Hi we have a Roadstar 2010 model which we brought in 2012 and had not been on a trip . we have not had any troubles at all prob done 50k plus I put 2x120w panels and an extra bat been on dirt roads it has high clearance but is not classed as offroad.
I think they have changed owners or changed something since 2010
Cheers hope this helps
AnswerID: 629833

Reply By: Member - Broodie H3 - Monday, Feb 03, 2020 at 12:01

Monday, Feb 03, 2020 at 12:01
Hi Scratcher,
Our first Van was a 1996 Roadstar Voyager, and we took it every where including up the Oodnadatta track, It was built very strong and people were amazed at where we took it, it also introduced me to the simplicity suspension , and what a difference the suspension makes to towing any van, it also had a rear kitchen and a side lounge, with a seperate bedroom and toilet and shower, all in all the Roadstar was a very well constructed. we were looking at replacing the roadstar with another one but they don't custom build any more, and appear to build to a price and the market so called norm. I have spoken to the salespeople at the caravan shows and they wont change there mind on how they build caravans.
Roadstar have been through a lot of different owners over the years, and the vans in my opinion only, aren't as good as the one we owned, as they don't build vans like that anymore and quite frankly I don't think any manufacturer, does.
We finally settled on replacing the roadstar with an Atlantic van with a similar layout to the Roadstar, but there is no way Ill be taking this van down the Oodanatta track even though it was sold to me as a semi off road / dirt road caravan, it isn't up to the job.
I hope this will be of some assistance to you in making your choice.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 629858

Reply By: Member - Peter C29 - Monday, Feb 03, 2020 at 18:14

Monday, Feb 03, 2020 at 18:14
Hi Scratcher
We purchased a Roadstar Little Ripper Adventurer (new) in Dec 2018 and so far have found it to tow well and have had only a few small issues with the van - now sorted. Overall it appears to be well built and the fit and finish is excellant. So far no "off road" use , but it will be tested on the GRR this year. Hope this helps.

Peter
AnswerID: 629868

Reply By: Member - Scratcher - Monday, Feb 03, 2020 at 18:38

Monday, Feb 03, 2020 at 18:38
Thanks Guys,
The info has been good.
Would love to get a "Little Ripper" but a bit too dear for us.
From what we have found the Roadstar Vans have a lot better finish than comparable vans.

Scratcher.
AnswerID: 629870

Sponsored Links