Inmarsat Pro Sat <span class="highlight">Phone</span> No Credit for 4 years on Sim, Ok to call 000

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 12:49
ThreadID: 141202 Views:5179 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Purchased the Sat phone when Inmarsat charges were reasonable, 3 and 4 years ago went remote with phone with the knowledge that could call 000 if needed with no voucher.

Am wondering if like Telstra if the Sim is not activated for a period that the service is shut down? Cannot see anything to this affect but based upon past pricing experience with Inmarsat I am wary.

This timeout period could also apply to free emails on expired Sims, ie with being able to send a free email message as text to an Inmarsat Pro phone. I think there is a limit of 160 characters including the subject heading. eg:
Send email to 870xxxxxxxxx@message.inmarsat.com (where 870xxxxxxxxx is the IsatPhone PRO mobile number).
Any comments on emails with expired Sims. ( send/receive)

Note if going alone in our Landcruiser with a rooftop mobile phone aerial and a Blue Tick phone with aerial connection, ditto with our Tandem Caravan Mobile phone aerial on top of TV aerial, I will get a voucher. If with a mate in his patrol/van with ditto and both with Epreb's will probably give the voucher a miss.

Appreciate comments

Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bobsabobsa - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 17:16

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 17:16
Ring 000
and when they answer say your name and sorry, I was just seeing if my sat phone worked for emergencies, thank them , it is working and hang up
no biggie,
Bob
AnswerID: 635430

Reply By: Stephen L (Clare) SA - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 19:00

Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 at 19:00
Hi Peter

Like you I have an Inmarsat and like you have not had credit for a couple of years.

I contacted my service provider and said that there was no time period and you will not lose your number, regardless how long you have not had credit for.

If you are concerned about the phone working, go outside and do a free phone check.

Like I have said no time limit on Inmarsat sims, unlike Telstra where you will lose it after the sim has no credit after 6 months.
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 635434

Reply By: maurice b - Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 19:27

Sunday, Mar 07, 2021 at 19:27
@PeterInSa. You wil have no problems sending emails txt and calling your expired credit sim isatphone including calling 000. Keep in mind that your Inmarsat's phone number is an international. number so many unlimited mobile plans in Aust have global restrictions or are optional so you won't be able to call or txt it. An email for free will arrive to the phone when sent in @ 30 seconds.
AnswerID: 635449

Sponsored Links