Blog Comment: Mapping & POI Update Expedition WA/NT 2022 - Overview

Very much looking forward to following your blogs of this recent mission. Of particular interest to me is the Kidson as hoping to do full length next year & wondering about your experiences through the overgrown section & duration it took from 80 mile. Would love to hear from you regarding this.
Thanks
Jed
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Oct 14, 2022 at 12:24

Friday, Oct 14, 2022 at 12:24
Hi Jed,
Thanks for commenting on the blog. Yes I am close to finishing the trip blogs and will feature these soon when we send our new newsletter so stay tuned for that. Our Track Log for the Kidson contains all the tracking stats and I will release that within the blog but we totalled 607km from 80 Mile to Well 33. We had 3 driving days but didn't start until 11.30 on day one, then had 7.30am starts the next 2 days but stopped at 3pm. Our camps were Nyangumarta Hwy Camp Two, Razor Blade Bore, and Well 33. As I will explain in more detail in the upcoming blog, the camping in the Nyangumarta Hwy section is restricted to the 2 allocated sites and unfortunately in our experience these were not very suitable due to being in active use by drilling teams with constant trucks ratting all through the night in/out and doing shift changes or drop offs or god knows what. That of course may change by next year.Razor Blade Bore is great but that is right in the middle of the most heavily overgrown section. Make sure you have opted in for the email newsletter in your user account so you don't miss the announcement when these blogs are published! Cheers Michelle.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 641850

Sponsored Links