Newish to ozexplorer with 2 questions

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 25, 2023 at 10:02
ThreadID: 145911 Views:1107 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I cant seem to change the voice prompt while navigaging. On my laptop I get an Aussie voice. On the ph I get a yank voice (which I detest) ive been thru the settings but cant figure ourt how to change it
Secondly. Sometimes my location is accurate on the laptop and at other times it shows me in locations that ive never been to before. There is an app or download that gives accurate location info but I cant find anything
Thanks in advance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, Jun 25, 2023 at 13:14

Sunday, Jun 25, 2023 at 13:14
Assume you are referring to ExplorOz Traveller ? No such thing as "ozexplorer" AFAIK, though OziExplorer is a close match.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 643958

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Sunday, Jun 25, 2023 at 16:23

Sunday, Jun 25, 2023 at 16:23
Yes Greg, I was about to ask the same question.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 923823

Follow Up By: Member - Mark C - Sunday, Jun 25, 2023 at 23:11

Sunday, Jun 25, 2023 at 23:11
Yes. The app related to this forum. Doesn't take much to confuse me.
So do you have an answer or just wanted to correct me
FollowupID: 923829

Follow Up By: Member - McLaren3030 - Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 06:34

Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 06:34
Sorry Greg,

Before anyone could make a meaningful suggestion, we needed to know which app you were referring to. There are a few people who confuse the two platforms.

Michelle or David would probably be able the best people to answer your question. Perhaps if you log a request with the “help desk” you might get a better response.

From my perspective, I think the accent and gender of the voice you hear is determined by the settings of your “in car navigator”, and not by the app.

Macca.

Macca.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 923830

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 08:07

Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 08:07
M C

That’s a disappointing follow up when posters are only trying to help. Could not see that anyone was trying to correct you, simply trying to gather more information for an educated response.

You cannot change the voice prompt in the App, it would need to be done on your device.

Not to sure how your using your Laptop, Desktop App or with the App. So can’t help there with the info supplied.

Regards

TrevorDavid
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 643968

Sponsored Links