Indicator lights on an older TJM Bullbar

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 29, 2023 at 13:51
ThreadID: 145931 Views:1263 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there

I'm finally hooking up the bullbar indicators on my 78-series. It's a wonder I haven't been pulled over by the police before now! Anyway, it was a second-hand bar and the lights came with it. They're nothing fancy but work. I've successfully hooked up the passenger side light, soldering the positive and earth wires onto the Troopy's indicator wires.

The driver's side light/housing only had a positive wire attached. I'm assuming an earth wire is missing? The problem I have is that I don't know how the earth wire is attached to the housing. I can't see how it's done on the passenger side housing. I've searched online, but can't find anything.

Would anyone know how and where to attach the earth wire? I can't be bothered looking for new lights for this older bar. So many new ones seem to have different dimensions and I'm happy to stick with halogen globes for the bullbar.

I've attached a photo of the housing. I tried attaching the added earth wire to the spring, but the new bulb never lit up when tested.

Regards

Paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Thursday, Jun 29, 2023 at 14:54

Thursday, Jun 29, 2023 at 14:54
Paul, Do not attach the earth to the spring which performs no electrical connection. It is only to press the insulated disc surrounding the positive central connection onto the lamps.
Connect the earth to the metal outer of the lamp holder arrowed in my image below. There should be a connection point on this lamp holder outside of the reflector housing. Otherwise you may be able to solder it onto the lamp holder.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 644019

Reply By: Paul S53 - Thursday, Jun 29, 2023 at 14:58

Thursday, Jun 29, 2023 at 14:58
Thanks, Allan. That makes sense. I'll get onto it this afternoon. I really appreciate your advice. Enjoy the rest of your day.
AnswerID: 644020

Sponsored Links