Good News Story

Submitted: Friday, Jul 07, 2023 at 15:12
ThreadID: 145959 Views:1578 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Read this story about the skill and generosity of a Bush Mechanic.
And if you need vehicle help in Kununurra I would suggest that this bloke Mick would be a good bloke to seek out.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 13 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Friday, Jul 07, 2023 at 18:03

Friday, Jul 07, 2023 at 18:03
Good to see stories like this. It says much about what outback communities are like.
We also had good fortune in Kununurra. We'd had vehicle problems which had not been fixed by a cowboy mechanic with a bad attitudewho had been the only mechanic available to us as tourists The problem had not stopped us getting up to Cape Domett, where we ran into a couple of Kununurra locals with a similar passion for adventure & country to us. They are well known in Kununurra, especially in 4wd circles & took us under their wing & ensured our car went to the right person & that we were well looked after. Whilst repairs were being carried out we had dinner at their place, went out for dinner together, bushwalked to some amazing falls which even most locals never see, & had a day out on the Ord with them in their comfy boat. They have become lifelong friends & we look forward to returning to Kx - there is so much to see & experience in that area which few ever do.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 644072

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Saturday, Jul 08, 2023 at 07:15

Saturday, Jul 08, 2023 at 07:15
Great story Allan, thanks for sharing the link. It is good to read these types of “good news” stories from our outback towns, when there is so much negative stuff being posted.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 644076

Reply By: PeterInSa - Saturday, Jul 08, 2023 at 11:04

Saturday, Jul 08, 2023 at 11:04
Yes definitely helpful in Kununurra,
Years ago we had a Statesmen towing a 24ft caravan. Noticed a crack in the chassis behind the front Passenger wheel. Local mechanic attached to the service station welded it up for us. Great Guy, cannot remember his name.
AnswerID: 644078

Sponsored Links