Feature Request - Toggle to Hide Treks

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 18, 2024 at 22:13
ThreadID: 146822 Views:653 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just plotting my first trek using the Web App and find myself wondering "Is that a dotted line or a solid line under my Trek route?"
It would be great to have a toggle button to hide all treks (and folders) so that you can see if your trek is following dirt or tarmac rather than having to close the navigation tab and then open the map layers tab and un-check the boxes and then open the navigation tab again.

Also, I find the "Swipe left" to delete a place or waypoint from a trek in the navigation tab to be cumbersome on the Web app if using a mouse or touchpad. There is room to just have a "Delete" icon.

Also, also. I would find it most useful to have a direct link from the Explore Oz home page to "Open Traveller Web App"
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Briste - Thursday, Jan 18, 2024 at 22:20

Thursday, Jan 18, 2024 at 22:20
Agree re "hide all trecks".
AnswerID: 645109

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, Jan 19, 2024 at 20:16

Friday, Jan 19, 2024 at 20:16
The first request already exists - its the Map Layers - you simply toggle on/off Treks, Folders, Places etc. You can also apply filters instead of all on/off.

Suggestion 2 - you'll get used to it. Swipe left is a common gesture used on all common apps/programs including your email. buttons use too much space - swipe left allows access to hidden controls without a dedicated space as the app has to work on all size screens so is built for the tiniest display.

Suggestion 3 - The link to open Traveller web app in 1 click is a something that will do when we get a chance to do a site layout update. It will happen sometime later this year but not imminent as we are currently travelling around Australia working on mapping data updates, promotion and content updates.

For now - click into your account tab (top of every page of the website in cluding home page) - then tap Traveller Control Panel - then tap Open Web App. You can keep the browser open if you use it a lot so its always there for next time.

Hope this helps
Michelle

PS: our Help Desk has a "Suggestion" option for efficient communication of requests directly to us.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645118

Follow Up By: Member - David M (SA) - Saturday, Jan 20, 2024 at 08:46

Saturday, Jan 20, 2024 at 08:46
"working on mapping data updates, promotion and content updates."
Is this just a ruse Michelle and your just really having a good time.
Have to go and mow the lawn now.
Dave.
FollowupID: 925382

Sponsored Links