Caravan semi off road

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 02, 2024 at 20:16
ThreadID: 147395 Views:917 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
looking at a snowy river SRC-17 2023 spec , ticks all the boxes and within my Prado towing specs .What I want to know , has anyone had any experience with this model ,or company
...the school bus,still gets us there

My Profile  Send Message

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DaveO*ST-R - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 06:01

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 06:01
My son has a Snowy River SR20F (around 2021 model?) When we first had a good look at the van, I was suitably impressed with the fit and finish quality and standard of workmanship in them. Yes, they are fully made in China and shipped over in a container to Aus where the final assembly is done, things like fridge, stove, HWS etc etc are fitted etc. Thus far, his van has been great. The only issue he has had is a few of the windows developed a crack in the bottom of the frames - for whatever reason, I don't really know. They were replaced under warranty. Another friend has bought a Snowy and when I mentioned this to him, he said it was an issue at one point but that has now been rectified.

I think if you research Snowy River caravans, you will find the majority of owners are more than happy with their vans. There are any number of YouTube videos with positive reviews etc. As far as I am concerned, they are a great value for money caravan. I recently looked at the Snowy River 19' Multi Terrain and was severely tempted to upgrade from my present 2012 van, but we shall see if I can justify the changeover cost given that we just dont get to use our existing van a whole lot these days. We shall see!!

Cheers, Dave
AnswerID: 645597

Reply By: Uppy - Member - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 09:55

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 09:55
thanks Davo for taking the time to reply to my post . At the moment snowy river are the go for us
cheers Uppy

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 645598

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 11:01

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 11:01
Upper,

Have a look at the Jawa range of hybrids. We really like the Sirocco, at about 16’, but when we were buying Covid had deliveries out at 12 months or more. Ended up buying 2nd hand.

Jawa have recently realised a tandem axle van, a Tirarri, which might suit some folk. Saw one at Porcupine Gorge a couple of days ago, looked alright.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 925874

Reply By: Uppy - Member - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 20:36

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2024 at 20:36
thanks Bob will check them out

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 645605