CEM

Submitted: Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 18:42
ThreadID: 27266 Views:1888 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
A question for all those who have used the products made by CEM , the de-sludge/de-glaze/de-coke ,,not interested in any other brand and not interested in 'mate of mine had a 2nd cousin who had a mate who said ',,,Question is ,"did it work ,and what sort of improvement did u get ,how much ' extra ' sludge -oil ' ect.ect "
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tanka - Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 18:47

Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 18:47
There is no substitute for mechanical repair.
Tanka.
AnswerID: 134643

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 18:58

Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 18:58
That was not the question asked .
FollowupID: 388680

Reply By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 19:44

Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 19:44
G'day Alloy,
I used this product on my 4.2 diesel, n/a, shorty import when I first got it. Supposedly they do a lot of idling in japan, so good candidate for sludging and glazing I figured.
I drained all the old oil and left the old filters in place, then poured in new, but cheap oil mixed with the oil flushing concentrate, when I drained this I didn't notice any thick sludge come out, though I woudn't expect to, as you have to run the engine on high idle for 20 minutes, so the oil and anything in it is quite hot and thin.
I think a little more came out as to what I poured in, though I can't say this for certain as I didn't measure it exactly.
Where I did notice a definate difference was when I poured the new oil in, with filter change this time, with the AW 10 antiwear mixed with it, and went for a drive, it certainly ran more 'freely', it seemed to spin up quicker and with less effort, it also seemed to run a little quieter.
Keep in mind, I'm not talking 30% neck snapping power increase here, this is all "seat-of-the-pants" style conclusions.
After mixing the antiwear stuff in the gearbox oil also, on both vehicles, ( I had an RB30 LWB at the time aswell) I noticed a definate improvement in gear selection, a smoother shift.
So as for the de-sludging stuff, not sure, but I will vouch for the antiwear stuff for making a small improvement, so the way I figured it, is if one works, then there's a good chance that the other will also.

Avagoodn
Pezza
AnswerID: 134648

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 20:17

Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 20:17
Thanks for the reply Pezza , am about to try the product and will post results when available ,, good / bad / or indifferent.
FollowupID: 388693

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 19:46

Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 19:46
I was given some CEM by a friend and put it through a 4litre Toyota HJ60 and also through my 4.2lt diesel GQ. When draining the oils on both vehicles quite a bit of sludge came with the oil. In other words, the oil looked contaminated. Both vehicles seemed to have improved performance in the top end speeds but without technical data I cannot be sure. What I can say is that my GQ leaves me mates GU 4.2 litre diesel for dead on the open road.
AnswerID: 134650

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 20:23

Friday, Oct 14, 2005 at 20:23
Thanks Willem ,, will be interesting to see what comes out of the 80 series turbo after 350thou ,, nothing wrong with it now ,but some preventative maintenance is usually a good thing .
FollowupID: 388697

Reply By: Gerhardp1 - Saturday, Oct 15, 2005 at 10:24

Saturday, Oct 15, 2005 at 10:24
We used it in my son's 60 series diesel which had 300,000+ ks. The engine was running very well before the treatment.

We got about 1 litre of sludge out of it and afterwards the engine sounded better than before, and after a good highway run it improved a bit more. Fuel consumption was a bit lower, it had better lugging power up long highway inclines and blew a lot less smoke under load and at startup.

All this is not really measuarable scientifically as others have stated, but when pulling the dipstick to check the oil it is noticeably cleaner than it was.

Nothing to do with the product, but when I ordered it as a gift for my son I got a phone call from Colin at CEM (I think it was Colin but memory is not what it was!)
before it was delivered, to tell me that the courier had reported a leakage from the parcel. He apologised for the problem and advised that he had sent another package with the 2 products as he didn't know which one had leaked. They had had some trouble with lids that split the tops out of them.

I was very impressed that he did all this for what amounted to a $99 sale which must be insignificant to them as they sell the stuff to minimg crowds in 200 liter drums! He even rang my mobile when the answer machine at home kicked in!
AnswerID: 134708

Sponsored Links