seatbelt

Submitted: Monday, Jul 31, 2006 at 17:23
ThreadID: 36323 Views:1899 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hello,
I have a GU 1998 Patrol. I am trying to install a baby seat. The manual says that if you pull the seatbelt all the way out a clicking noise should be heard and then the belt is in "automatic locking mode"(child restraint mode). As you allow the belt to retract,a clicking sounds should be heard. My middle row right and left hand side seat belts don't do this. Just wondering does anyone else know of this problem?
Thanx a lot.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - andrew B (Kununurra) - Monday, Jul 31, 2006 at 22:36

Monday, Jul 31, 2006 at 22:36
I've never read or heard that one, I'll se if my GU does it tomorrow. We ended up mounting our baby seat in the middle of the back when we only had 1 child. Unfortunately it only had anchor points on the sides, so used 2 extention straps to the join between the seats to the clip on the baby seat. They came together about between the baby's shoulders and IMO was far more stable and strong than at the sides. We now have 2, so to the sides they go!

Cheers Andrew
AnswerID: 186400

Reply By: 1arm - Monday, Jul 31, 2006 at 23:23

Monday, Jul 31, 2006 at 23:23
I have read this in the manual as well but like yours mine dont do it.
The only thing I can think of is that this may be a European feature only.
Evan
AnswerID: 186411

Reply By: chump_boy - Tuesday, Aug 01, 2006 at 10:47

Tuesday, Aug 01, 2006 at 10:47
Hi Troy,

I know it doesn't really help you in this situation, but my 98 Landcruiser has that ratchet setup, and it is a right royal pain in the arse with kids in booster seats.

Being kids, they are forever pushing the belt out to it's extremity, then letting it click back in, only to get more and more wedged behind the belt. The ensuing whinging and crying is enough to make us pull over, fix it, explain to them again why it happened, then be on our way.

It doesn't take too much to set it off either, as the booster seats are fairly high and thick. A few good bounces on a 4WD track is enough to set them off....

Cheers,

Chump
AnswerID: 186472

Reply By: troyboy - Tuesday, Aug 01, 2006 at 16:44

Tuesday, Aug 01, 2006 at 16:44
Thankyou for the replies guys, but i'm still trying to find some more info on this topic. If anyone has had the same problem please help.It says in my manual my car is surpossed to have this feature. But I have also tried a freinds gu 2004 model and their's didn't work either.
AnswerID: 186521

Sponsored Links