Pub With No <span class="highlight">Beer</span> - NSW Recommenation

Submitted: Monday, Nov 27, 2006 at 23:57
ThreadID: 39842 Views:1754 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

No reples entered into. I know that the title is arguable !!!! But my heritage books tell me that Quennesland was once listed (in the Pommie Gazettes) as NSW.

We used to live in Sydney and built house at Minnie Wate r (Northern NSW) but decided i was too pristine and 50 km to town ( Grafton) sold & retired to Ballina (Far Top Coastof NSW)

In the past we have passed places at 100 km/h but recently on an a reverse trip from Syney to home we filled in some blanks. At Mackvsville we agaian saw tthe sign " Pub With No Beer". ( I know it is ardguable). We did the 27km ( easy road ) to Upper Taylors Arm and had the second best (Friday - end of the working week night) I have ever... ever had iin Oz in the 30 years since emigrating.

We weren't pulling a camping vehicle but at $45 a night ( for 2 people) we stayed at on site luxory bunk privat room accomodation. WONDERFUL !!!!!

Buy you a "Sassy Blonde" they brew their own bouteque beers, if this post is not legitimate.

!00% recommendation

Regards
SKI'er

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Tuesday, Nov 28, 2006 at 03:07

Tuesday, Nov 28, 2006 at 03:07
The Pub with No Beer that Gordon Parson wrote about was a Pub in Ingham North Qld, not in NSW Yes Slim was born near Kempsey and so that's where the mythical connection is , Kempsey and The Taylors Arm are capitalising on the wrongful information,

Site Link

I also have an Interview CD set with Slim and some Radio Personallity and it comes from Slims mouth that the Pub was in Ingham
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 207242

Follow Up By: Member - SKI er (NSW) - Tuesday, Nov 28, 2006 at 07:42

Tuesday, Nov 28, 2006 at 07:42
Hi Doug T,

Yes, we said the title was arguable. There was a a running picture/fact board on the walls attesting to which was the pub wnb etc etc and why it was them not the one in Queensland. I read it with interest over a few Sassy Blondes but really didn't care about the authentic one. I knew I wasn't going to be able to change the world and we were at Taylors Bend not elsewhere.

The pub is great, accommodation great and the beer better. I just decided to pass it on.

Regards
SKI'er
FollowupID: 467200

Sponsored Links