Xmas Greetings - the year in revue

Submitted: Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 16:54
ThreadID: 40592 Views:2175 Replies:2 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Inappropriate as it may be I will post a revue of my year here, I really missed out on getting away this year, hopefully next year will provide the opportunity.

This year for me has been one that I'd prefer to forget, the diagnosis of several new complaints and a family death did nothing to enhance it. You guys were correct however, I can't get a decent nights sleep without the CPAP machine (I wonder how Jodi's op went), damned inconvenient thing, even that little avenue of pleasure has been denied me, just having a snooze in the afternoon now becomes a major event...

Of course the Friday Humour was always the highlight of my week, SWMBO thought it rather rude to send a copy of the "Bronze Rat" joke to Keyser Trad but I explained that his boss the Mufti could not speak english and would not see the humour in it. Keyser responded with a nice email asking for my contact details so that he could send a surprise to me, I'll be damned if I could remember it so I asked him to send the surprise to someone more deserving at the Lakemba Mosque....

Of course I could not get through the year without the extensive support provided by my Shrink, she performs miracles and one of her best suggestions was to relax via massage, I took her advice and had many many relaxing sessions of Chinese Massage at 269 Canterbury Road (Yes that's a plug), I commend their services to you. Tell em Basil sent you.

At this juncture I think I should ask you all to raise a glass to mine hosts who have only had to expunge a few of my posts this year and have tolerated my, at times, incoherent ramblings and major soap box rantings... To the Management at Explore Oz I salute you!

To all of you I extend my best wishes for a Happy, Joyous & Safe Festive Season. May all your problems be "disposable"....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mike Harding - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 16:56

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 16:56
We wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to our friends, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So we met with our solicitor yesterday, and on his advice we wish to say the following:

Seasonal Greetings

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter/summer solstice
holiday, practised with the most enjoyable traditions of religious
persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the
religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that it is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no
promise by the wishers to actually implement any of the wishes for
her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.
AnswerID: 211805

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 17:03

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 17:03
I wonder if the inconvenienced electrons, since you admit liability in the causeing of said inconvenience, would have grounds for a class action against you?
FollowupID: 471972

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 17:17

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 17:17
It would be a "shock" if they did :)
FollowupID: 471973

Follow Up By: DIO - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 17:47

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 17:47
Inappropriate - gobbledygook
FollowupID: 471979

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 17:50

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 17:50
Have you ever considered purchasing a sense of humour?
FollowupID: 471980

Follow Up By: 4wdNewbie - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 19:31

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 19:31
haha I like that. How long did that take you to cook up???

Merry Xmas all!!!
FollowupID: 471994

Follow Up By: kimprado - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 19:48

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 19:48
Mike

I don't know if you realise the importance of your post.

Have a good one mate

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 471998

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 20:05

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 20:05
I have to tell you: it's not an original by me - I pinched it from a mailing list I'm on.
FollowupID: 472000

Follow Up By: kimprado - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 20:14

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 20:14
Yes I know, but it sends a message related to freedom.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 472001

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 20:21

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 20:21
It does too :)
FollowupID: 472002

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Dec 24, 2006 at 09:54

Sunday, Dec 24, 2006 at 09:54
Electrons willl never shock you nor participate in a class action as they are over a negative bunch.

On the other hand Goats are neither negative nor litigious, which is a bleat in the right direction. Merry Christmas to all Mike and Kim Basil and newbie and DIO, I totally agree, inappropriate and OT just like those blasted cows.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 472048

Reply By: Footloose - Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 18:22

Saturday, Dec 23, 2006 at 18:22
Basil, your year sounded like a nightmare, especially the crap machine. My bro tried one, until I took an afternoon nap in the tent and a camper asked how long were we staying for. After that he decided that perhaps he didn't have so much of a problem.
As for disposable problems...his stomach in a bag trick means that his disposables are a problem. And he still had enough energy to make me look very crook indeed.

There are advantages to getting older...but I can't think of too many at the moment. If wisdom comes with age I can't wait to reach 12.

Sadly my missus is too awake to go for the "theraputic massage" trick. With my luck , it would be a genuine one, damm.

Try and have a good xmas.
AnswerID: 211815

Sponsored Links